When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

slay

3 Series. The 120 is a chick car. But if you're planning on dumping the girlfriend anytime sooon - Z4. :lol: Otherwise, 3 Series. I just drove the 3 for the first time in a couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know where you live and whether it is available but the new IS from Lexus drives really nicely as well. :)

we (me&girlfriend) were watching tv a few weeks ago and there was this lexus comercial and she was like "is that a new toyota?" lol i laughed my ass off, but i have to admit, the new lexus really looks like a regular toyota (especialy for germans who dont know lexus because they just started launching them here)

• 2 months later...

What did you elect to buy? I am with LW54. I needed a second car (which will not get a lot of driving) and so I went for a BMW which is more than a couple of years old. I bought an 8 year old 528i with 90,000 miles for well under $10,000. It is a pleasure to drive and very reliable. :thumbsupsmileyanim: What is amazing is that after an $800 service from a skilled mechanic it still has fabulous handling. :)

Hint: Don't buy the 1 Series, if you want to buy something similar to the 1 series get a Mini or a Golf.

These were sage words! (Even if you would rather ride a bike!)

The 1 series is for BMW-wannabes. It's pig ugly, and BMW didn't have a clue what they were doing with it. Avoid it!

I'm very jealous of your other choice of cars though! :wub:

No Audis? :D

I'm prejudiced. My gs430s loves M5s for lunch!

You should drive the Lexus IS 350, then the 3 series. It will then be an easy choice. Especially if the dealer has the LRD mods.

Paddle shifters and all.

the gs430 is not faster than the e39 M5 and definitely not faster than the e60 M5, heck an e46 M3 is faster...

Lexus promises zero to 60 mph times in the 5.7 second range

e46 M3 4.8

e39 M5 4.8

e60 M5 4.1 (Road & Track)

as far as handling, the gap is even larger

Edited by ArtM3