When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

slay

slay, you might consider getting the 3series bmw and then doing a serious mod to it. if you want some ideas visit the website for DINAN. You can turn a simple 3 series into the equivalent of an M3. The great thing about this route, is you can do it in stages as it becomes affordable. The main factor however is whether you have a nearby dealer that can do DINAN mods, which for an experienced BMW mechanic should not be too difficult. just a thought, may broaden the possibilities for you.

yes, i would also rather drive an SUV or a dodge or whatever, BUT (and heres the thing!)

first:

its freakin hard to source parts for american cars, they need a lot of gas and are expensive (otherwise i would consider getting a chrysler 300C or a mustang)

second: i need a car which gives me good gas milage! i cant afford do drive an SUV which sucks 5x as much gas as a 3-series BMW! on some days i drive A LOT thats why i want a diesel too, because diesel is a lot cheaper than unleaded gas

and i wouldnt want to "turn" a regular BMW in an M3 without the motor... thats like a trabbi with a ferrari body kit. there are M3's in my price range, BUT they also need WAY too much gas and have WAY to big motors (i dont need 300 or 500HP! 150HP will do just fine!)

i would love to get a X5 but also, needs too much GAS!

and i wouldnt want to "turn" a regular BMW in an M3 without the motor... thats like a trabbi with a ferrari body kit. there are M3's in my price range, BUT they also need WAY too much gas and have WAY to big motors (i dont need 300 or 500HP! 150HP will do just fine!)

i would love to get a X5 but also, needs too much GAS!

You don't have to worry about the motor, DINAN supercharger is tops. But sounds like you don't want the performance anyway... my rule of thumb was always... a little more horsepower is good... a lot more horsepower is better... and way too much horsepower is... just right. But what do i know, i feel like getting out and giving a push in cars with less than 500hp :whistling:

I like my rotary far more than anything bwm makes. But if you want fuel economy, don't even look at the photos.

20092-2476.jpg

20092-2477.jpg

is that an RX-8? that would be my first choice, but that sucker needs something around 15 liters / 100km because of its Wankel-Engine!

the 3-series (probably) it us... my dad keeps talking me into the 1-series and my friends keep talking me into the Z4 :p

problem is all of the cars above look like crap without a nice set of rims and the M-Sports package and those things alone are like 10k or something!

the rims i like are from AC Schnitzer and cost ~ 4K per RIM!

Edited by slay

My choice will be the facelifted Alfa 156 or 159 with a manual, most likely second hand so it won't take a big depreciation hit.

Hint: Don't buy the 1 Series, if you want to buy something similar to the 1 series get a Mini or a Golf.

20489-2382.jpg20489-2383.jpg

im sorry, but a GOLF is definetly the LAST car i would get. i'd rather ride my bike! that car is only driven by idiots, proles and twerps!

i like the mini too (and i also like the fact that its also sort of BMW) but it's a little too small (same issue with the Z4!) i cant transport nothing with those two cars.i'll probably go with the 3.. just waiting for a good offer for a used one with ~5k km on it and the extras i want!

I like my Jaguar. I feel real fancy driving it especially sporting all of my reps. :D

i think the newer jaguars look butt ugly. they look like ford ever since they bought jaguar! i really like the older ones thought! my friend has a jaguar daimler double six cabrio AND a coupe - i dont know how old they are, but they definetly are very old but look brand new!