When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA: I tried to fix my ETA movement, but unfortunately grievious consequences comin up

Hello friends,

I had a nice YM mith ETA movement which kept perfect time. After i did my CG work i noticed that i couldnt pull the stem anymore, so i tried to fix the whole thing. I dissasebled the "stem assembly" and reassembled it carefully with tweezers.

Im surprised that the stem is working now, i think the problem was that i pushed in the crown-pulling-trigger a little bit too hard and in this way screwed things up.

Anyway, stem is working perfectly again but now all the sudden the movement looses about 10 seconds a day.

Does anyone know how i could fix it, and what the heck the reason might be for this obscure phenomenon?

Thanx in advance, danny

Edited by FlipLockBuckle

Well, IMO, I think by mistake that you may have hit the cannon retrieval lever.

You have to make sure this is in the right orientation when assembled. Open the case back, remove the top bridgework, then give the little [censored]er a nudge with your tweezers. All back together (in reverse order of course) and everything should be right again.

Enjoy your watch!! :D

Hmmmm, I think Danny Boy has either installed the stem upside down (easy to do), forgotten to epoxy it back in place (another common mistake) but most likely he's left the tweezers in and they're gumming up the works.

Best way to remove them and any other dirty items is to empty a can of WD40 into the watch works making sure you cover every bit. This will not only clean the watch but oil it and protect it against corrosion in one simple operation.

Oh BTW I would recommend dropping the movement out of the case first and removing the hands and dial, we don't want WD40 on those delicate parts.....hope that helps... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Weird thing, just woke up and had to discover that the watch is running 5 minutes to fast.

Well its possible that i touched something when disassembling the movement...

Naah... you probably just wanked off with your left hand this time... and thus overwound the watch. :lol:

Weird thing, just woke up and had to discover that the watch is running 5 minutes to fast.

Well its possible that i touched something when disassembling the movement...

Possible? It's a certainty. :whistling:

Check for hair. Maybe a bit of your mullet fell off into the works.