When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New SMP Rep?

Rxus

I was curious to know if anyone knows about the new bond SMP, I love the current style but the red letters really make the watch stand out. I got a good glimpse at an AD this past weekand, but it would have set me back a bit over 2k USD...Wich i'd rather spend elsewere..

All we are needing is a new dial and caseback!!

Then it shouldn't be too difficult..heck maybe an individual can source the parts on their own..well the dial at least.

The He valve would defintely be up to the dealers to request the correction if in fact these rumors you speak of are true..muhaha :thumbsupsmileyanim:

PS. Also more defined dial (wave pattern) than the current one.

And move the He valve a couple minutes north....that bugs me like crazy and is the reason I don't own the current SMP. They got it right on the 2006 007!

Actually, the only SMPs I'm aware of with the He valve in the correct place were the '2005' 007 with the ST-18 Seagull movement, and the first run of black 'Pierce Brosnan's choice' SMPs with an Asia 21J movement. Both are now highly sought after for this reason.

How far off would you pro's consider the He valave to be compared to Gen?

Is it really that bad?

Considering i read here in many places adn in reviews the current SMP "Bond" rep is very popular. or it that most poeple don't mind the flaw?

The "He" valve is a bit low, the case back is a bit too deep, and the bracelet uses screws instead of pins. Some have clasp issues as well but all in all I think the current SMP reps are excellent for the money. I actually let mine go to a good friend a couple of weeks ago because it never got worn. I prefer the SMP Chrono which I wear quite often.

As for the new Co-Axial Movement SMP I do hope they rep it soon. Even with the above listed flaws I would still purchase. The red on the spices it up just enough for me. Plus its an excellent choice if you want a sporty watch but would like to wear it with a suit or dress shirt. It fits so close and comfortably to your wrist.

Not to mention its of course the watch that Bond prefers!

Cheers!

:victory:

Edit: Oh yeah yeah yeah forgot to add the bezel pearl on the SMP is off. The bezel pearl on the SMP Chrono is excellent. If they could add that to the new SMP I would be even more delighted!

Actually, the only SMPs I'm aware of with the He valve in the correct place were the '2005' 007 with the ST-18 Seagull movement, and the first run of black 'Pierce Brosnan's choice' SMPs with an Asia 21J movement. Both are now highly sought after for this reason.

post-2858-1174110264_thumb.jpg

That is the watch I meant, the pic is from Josh's site. Looks like much better He placement than the standard SMP. Perhaps not as good as the old one's you mentioned.

http://watchwindersworld.com/omse10007-sea...242-p-1571.html

Wow great responses guys, thank you...But heres an idea that i'm sure others have had before adn maybe even attempted this...

How about getting this 007 rep that has correct He placement, and switching out dial bezel insert for regular SMP ? will that work?

And i thought only the crono SMP had the screws instead of pins, wich is incorrect?

Wow great responses guys, thank you...But heres an idea that i'm sure others have had before adn maybe even attempted this...

How about getting this 007 rep that has correct He placement, and switching out dial bezel insert for regular SMP ? will that work?

And i thought only the crono SMP had the screws instead of pins, wich is incorrect?

I have thought about doing the swap, but you would need the dial, a seconds hand, a normal clasp, and a normal caseback. In the end I figured the new red letter SMP would be along soon enough and would have this corrected....still waiting!

The current normal SMP bracelets have screws too, the only pinned bracelets were on SMP's up to a year or so ago I believe (before I came at least). Also, the dealer WBK has been finding pinned SMP's with asian 21j's over at RWI. I am not sure if they are the correct "pin and sleaves" or just regular pressure pins.

Hope that helps.

The "He" valve is a bit low, the case back is a bit too deep, and the bracelet uses screws instead of pins. Some have clasp issues as well but all in all I think the current SMP reps are excellent for the money. I actually let mine go to a good friend a couple of weeks ago because it never got worn. I prefer the SMP Chrono which I wear quite often.

Depends which version you look at.. The one I had from King had pins and the HE Valve was above 10'.. There are so many variations of this model.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, crazy as this might sound, but I do not like the look of that. I don't like how the logo is a metal logo rather than printed. I definitely don't like how the letters in 'Omega' are all joined together. To me, it makes it look, well, fake... I definitely prefer the original version of the 2531.80.

Well , I understand and can appreciate the classic look of the standard SMP, but just maybe the rep factories with their newly acquired skill at producing super-reps can make this baby look as good as gen..i mean correct pins on bracelet He valve placement, better wave pattern correctly alligned bezel insert (out of the box)

Maybe just maybe, we can have this beauty in our hands one day soon I hope.

I e-mailed Josh and he said no plans of doing new SMP in near future. I think the current SMPs are good with HE pacement. Only issue is scres vs pins(no big deal as not really visable)., Bezel alignment with pear (easy fix) and pearl itself, (not an easy fix).

Infact i am about to order SMP and asked who to order from Josh or Andrew. Got no difinitive answer. Found out today from Andrew that he and Josh are friends and talk everyday. Go figure!

I e-mailed Josh and he said no plans of doing new SMP in near future. I think the current SMPs are good with HE pacement. Only issue is scres vs pins(no big deal as not really visable)., Bezel alignment with pear (easy fix) and pearl itself, (not an easy fix).

Infact i am about to order SMP and asked who to order from Josh or Andrew. Got no difinitive answer. Found out today from Andrew that he and Josh are friends and talk everyday. Go figure!

I just got one from Josh, and there is also no 3 o'clock hour marker. Many flaws, too many IMO to even consider it an accurate rep. I'd verify and get some sort of verbal guarantee that you'll get an accurate version or wait until better versions are floating around.

I just got one from Josh, and there is also no 3 o'clock hour marker. Many flaws, too many IMO to even consider it an accurate rep. I'd verify and get some sort of verbal guarantee that you'll get an accurate version or wait until better versions are floating around.

Josh's website shows the SMP with the 3 o'clock marker. if it arrives without one, he will get it back.

It seems these newer SMP reps are worst than the ones people mention were around abouta year ago. In any case i guess one can try to locate the new style gen dial and hands and hope you purchase a running ETA powered SMP even those with missing 3 markers.

cant the same factories producing the very popular and some-what accurate uPO's and SMP cronos make the regular SMP