When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

(Update) Help! Problem.... King & Chinese Post

boncovi

hi friend:

i think you mistake my mean:)

see my send you mail...

i think you will approve of it ...and you are my customer i

will give you good service so don`t worry about it...

best regards

king

Yes, I received your e-mail King, thank you.

She asked me my address to send a replacement watch, and offered a special discount in my next purchase from her.

I won't give up and keep investigating the missing watch also. I started a formal investigation from the post office with the registration number of my package, A paper will travel till King, but approved in every checkpoint (post offices, delivery centers etc.) by the signatures of authorized people, arrival date, and the most important CONDITION.

When I track the number from the web site, I can see 3 checkpoints where the package was forwarded to international delivery center, there are notes "Received on 31/01" and "Item received in good condition"... The woman at the post office told me that, registered letters / packages are recorded at every point with the dates and condition, so if there are 20 stations till King, that track paper will travel through all of those. Let's say, station 18 recorded "item received ripped condition" then they opened it in station 17, or on the way to 18. So, it will be easier to find where it was opened / stolen.

And after that, I dont know what to do, because it is probably in China, last track from Turkey is international dispatch, and it says "received in good condition".

I will be checking the post office frequently, no one has any right to lose or even steal something going to another person.

What people say about King is correct, she didn't let me down, and will send a replacement. Also, I will do my best to find the lost watch in the post.

Thanks a lot

I dont want to get involved with personalities here, but in general I am astounded at the naivety of people returning watches.

Only recently I had one received with the cheapest possible un registered, no signature required postage rate paid. And with a customs declaration for a false item and $295 VALUE!!!!!!!! This was in fact a travelling beacon flashing 'PLEASE STEAL ME' to Postal Workers on two continents, & 'LOOK AT THIS' to any customs agent/officer. Its arrival was due soley to good luck not good planing.

Similar instances have been expensive watches forwarded to me for commissioned repair by my watchsmith bearing just UK letter post stamps!!! We have a saying in the UK 'Penny Wise & Pound Foolish'.

Insurance value & customs declaration are easily entered as two different amounts (use some interpersonal skills if needs must - we all have to now and then).

Sorry I'd read this case as a cavalier risk was taken in this shipment, and consequently I really dont see it as fair to go mewing to the dealer to retrospectively make good on it.

Edited by narikaa

Glad to hear you have had a good result. King is a top dealer, and it is re-enforced here. We can all learn about returning watches from this, , and go by the guides such as laid out by TTK in the above post. However, when I take mine to a local watchsmith I tell them it's a rep, because they will know as soon as the case back is off anyway.

Good advice by TKK, and great service by King.

Another reason to deal within our dealer group. Also, I happen to not have any luck finding a local ws that would work on a rep, so far, as I am still looking. Otherwise, I would try and use one of the modders here if the price is reasonable.

WOW im new here....and i already heard alot about the KING....is she really dat good?? I duno why but to be honest im thinkin about puttin my faith in her and ordering couple of watches from her.....cuz i have heard alot of great things....so how would u guys rate EDDIE ...if u have to compare these 2 wat would u have to say....and yeah wat about andrew or joshua....i mean are these dealers good with some specific watches...like davidesn is good with only panerai vintages....so are them also good with some speicifc ones....if yes than which ones are they ??

All our dealers are good here......not just one.......!

@Bres......is that your idea of assisting a member when they ask for help........you come all over Goofy.......YOUR avatar looks as dumb to me as your comment....!

Edited by TTK

sorry to hear about your plight. i think i might have gone for the 68 dollar shipping. perhaps it would be more reliable. :(

had I known before, that a "registered" letter would be opened and the content, watch, would be stolen, I would have sent it by fedex,ups,dhl no matter how much it costs.. 68 dollars price is not the issue... I thought I didn't need to pay a huge difference to speed up the send-back process., for security, "registering" seemed secure at that moment.

from now on, I'll think three times before using national post in intl. shipments.

I think it is not wise to post the 'smuggling' details here... no matter how funny or clever found they are.

If I were you I would edit my post.

I'm glad you received your watch.... at last! Wear it well!

right,

i did

Thank you very much :clap2:

Edited by boncovi

boncovi,

with all respect to you (and speaking as a fellow member) i would advise you to remove ALL the pictures with the toy there! (detailed information of how a dealer ships a watch is not needed too...)

We are in public! (if you understand what i mean).

boncovi,

with all respect to you (and speaking as a fellow member) i would advise you to remove ALL the pictures with the toy there! (detailed information of how a dealer ships a watch is not needed too...)

We are in public! (if you understand what i mean).

uhmm, I'm a new member and I thought most people know how it is done here, if it would cause any trouble to people, especially King, I can remove all of them without any hesitation

uhmm, I'm a new member and I thought most people know how it is done here, if it would cause any trouble to people, especially King, I can remove all of them without any hesitation

YES, please remove all pictures, custom descriptions etc. ... this is a public forum!

Edited by Rolexman