When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111 vs. 111h

diggs

Several dealers have 111's and 111h's. What is the difference in the regular model and the h?

111H has a "sandwich" dial (recesed hour markers), the 111G has "sausage dial" (raised hour markers) the bridge decoration on the 111G and 111H is also different, though the movement is the same...the 111H also has a brushed CG where the 111G is polished.

..the 111H also has a brushed CG where the 111G is polished.

111G C/G is actually the same (brushed) as on 111H :)

The ones with polished C/G are 111E & F series.

Panerai re-introduced the thick brushed C/G in 2004, with their painted/sausage dials 44mm Luminors. This fact makes the gen 111G (painted dial, brushed C/G) one of the most wanted and praised Historic pams of late, for example.

cheers,

babola

Panerai re-introduced the thick brushed C/G in 2004, with their painted/sausage dials 44mm Luminors. This fact makes the gen 111G (painted dial, brushed C/G) one of the most wanted and praised Historic pams of late, for example.

cheers,

babola

so the fact that i just bought a 111i over a 111g was a bad move maybe? i just love the sandwich dial!

The 111G was my choice over the "H", the painted dial feels a bit cleaner to me than the sandwich. Thanks for that info Babola, interesting to know about the higher collectibility of the 111G, it confirms my thoughts.

cheers,

babola

Babola,

You are the MAN when it comes to the obscure details with the REPS and GENS!! Kudos!!

skc