When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 29 GMT (2893) - More Mods

Watchmeister

PAM 2893 GMT - Getting Closer to Gen. List of mods: The Zigmeister relume, Lello 1st gen crown and latest datewheel, jimmy CG, watchmen cyclops.

VERY NICE!!! I'm working on a similar project. I bought the Chief cyclops, a 2893-2 GEN Swiss movement, the Finepics datewheel and I'm assembling the watch. I just need the dial and hands!!

I really love the PAM 29/63!!

Great job!!

skc

2836 dial should fit 2893?

hands should fit also... only GMT hand will not fit... but your watchmaker could overwork this GMT hand?

Hey Tourby,

I picked up my brand spanking new 2893-2 movement which is GORGEOUS!! I know it's not accurate, but my 063 project will sport a clear caseback to show it off!!

How do you overwork the GMT hand? I think the hole is too big????

skc

Yes, I meant 29. :wub: I agree on the CG lever. That can be easily remedied but I am holding off until I am sure I am not going to change the crown. I have a close to gen crown coming which very closely mimics the A and B series. Once I decide I will do the final CG adjustment. Has anyone actually bought the Davidsen dial? Any opinions? Does it fit in non-Davidsen cases? :)

Next up in the 2893 will be the 063 with Palp crown, gen hands and new datewheel. ;)

Yes, I meant 29. :wub: I agree on the CG lever. That can be easily remedied but I am holding off until I am sure I am not going to change the crown. I have a close to gen crown coming which very closely mimics the A and B series. Once I decide I will do the final CG adjustment. Has anyone actually bought the Davidsen dial? Any opinions? Does it fit in non-Davidsen cases? :)

Next up in the 2893 will be the 063 with Palp crown, gen hands and new datewheel. ;)

Where did you get GEN hands??? Do you have an extra set?? I really need some......can't seem to find them anywhere.

I didn't realize that Palp made auto PAM sized crowns. Your crown looks great, but perhaps slightly too large in comparo to the GEN. But I can only see that when I stare really hard with my eyes squinted for 5 minutes or so LOL

PAM 2893 GMT - Getting Closer to Gen. List of mods: The Zigmeister relume, Lello 1st gen crown and latest datewheel, jimmy CG, watchmen cyclops. The last remaining issue is whether to replace the dial with Davidsen and relume to "Tritium" specs. Any thoughts?

221091-14433.jpg

221091-14434.jpg

221091-14435.jpg

221091-14436.jpg

Here is the gen for comparison :

221091-14437.jpg

Wow, that thing is awesome! I love the date wheel and the cyclopse.. really makes a huge difference. Nice!!

That is pretty sweet! Just waiting for the DW from finepics so I can update mine!

And concerning dials, weren't there two versions on the gen 029? One had the markers further in like in the pic of the gen, and the other further out, like on the rep, and both tuxedo?

Also, can you post a pic of the lume?

And concerning dials, weren't there two versions on the gen 029? One had the markers further in like in the pic of the gen, and the other further out, like on the rep, and both tuxedo?

Yes, there were 2 versions of the 029 tuxedo dial - the 'A' series 'T' dial with the markers set in a smaller circle (like the gen pictured above) and the 'B' series 'L' dial with the markers closer to the edge of the dial (the rep is accurate in this respect).