When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old School - PAM 188

Watchmeister

It is a 7753. I would say the all-in is $800-850. On the crown installation I will have to defer to Ziggy when he sees this post (if he does). I do know that he has routinely used stem adapters and different sized stems when fitting all the various crowns I have had him try though. Also, I believe there are two different sized stems which fit 7750's generally. I don't know if this is true for 7753's.

Senilecoot-

There is no recessed or wrongly placed date issue on the 7753 versions. It is the same movement as the gen.

Chieftang-

Yes, it does deserve a proper single-sided AR coat as does my 196 and Panda. ;)

Babola-

I am with you on the old school reps - whether original movement PAM's, Chrono Avenger, MBW's or DW's. As you know the the whole game has changed. The new high end reps come out of the box better aesthetically but with Asian movements so now the question is often whether to upgrade the movement. Eddie's Pilot (which looks fabulous) and my BCE are in for movement swaps - for Old School movements of course. :lol: All my 7750's are 17j but 100% Swiss. :)

Old school it is...

I wish reps we get these days had some of the quality of 'older' rep generations <_<

cheers,

babola

Well, I happen to disagree... I have a "New style" Pam 188 (7753) and the Dial looks FAR superior to the old ones... My only compliant are the Lug hole position and the fack these new cases use different Screws

224733-13550.jpg