When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

089 from river anthracite dial titanium GMT panerai!

rbj69

i just got this baby on monday and didnt have the time till now to post about it , it is a very nice piece , i have been wanting me a titanium model pam but the 036 and others were just a little too plain for my taste so i decided on this piece , still plain but a little more eye catch with this dial and so lite weight which i love for a daily beater watch ,definitely will stay in the collection

the mag is not bad on this one imo and the lume is ok but not SL

the only things i will do to it is relume , put that missing tick mark on the dial at the subdial 9 oclock and maybe put some ar coating on it if it is not too complicated being it has a cyclops

on the wrist shot

221748-14271.jpg

upclose so u can see the real color of the dial, i did these in sunlight , the pics u usually see the dial looks black or dark grey but it really is a different color and looks a bit silvery grey and changes in different lighting imo

221748-14272.jpg

zoomed in

221748-14273.jpg

so u can see the little lines in the dial , really like genuine

221748-14274.jpg

side shot of the thick titanium (btw i forgot to wipe it down so u see some fingerprints and dirt its not the titanium it is completely clean looking)

221748-14275.jpg

the ti buckle and i put it on a rubber strap , i think it looks nice and wears awesome on the rubber , what other straps do u think would look good on it?

221748-14276.jpg

thanks for looking , enjoy!!

joe

Which dealer did you get it from? Davidson? Wanted to check to see if anyone else was offering the correct cannon pin out of the box.

/Tim

[add] Nevermind. Just saw from the title that you got it from River. I haven't tried River yet and thought Davidson was the only one offering the correct cannon pin.

Edited by Tim

i just got this baby on monday and didnt have the time till now to post about it , it is a very nice piece , i have been wanting me a titanium model pam but the 036 and others were just a little too plain for my taste so i decided on this piece , still plain but a little more eye catch with this dial and so lite weight which i love for a daily beater watch ,definitely will stay in the collection

the mag is not bad on this one imo and the lume is ok but not SL

the only things i will do to it is relume , put that missing tick mark on the dial at the subdial 9 oclock and maybe put some ar coating on it if it is not too complicated being it has a cyclops

thanks for looking , enjoy!!

joe

That's a SWEET watch. I did the same thing you did and got it from River when his pricing was rock bottom. Mine has the blue face. I was so impressed by its accuracy that I went back and bought his last one (I think) for my son. It's going to be a Christmas present. He's always wanted a Panerai and for the money I couldn't NOT buy two. Hell of a deal at $189.00 shipped EMS.

Tim

post-4958-1174669927_thumb.jpg

post-4958-1174669937_thumb.jpg

post-4958-1174669948_thumb.jpg

Great looking watch...........But before you go and have an AR coating put on it you should check and make sure the gen pam89 has it first....... Not all pams have the blueish AR coating, like the genuine pam222 does not and im not positive but i think the pam89 might not either...................I think the pam91 does not have it and it also has an Anthricite dial so i would check first.............Cheers, Wan

Great looking watch...........But before you go and have an AR coating put on it you should check and make sure the gen pam89 has it first....... Not all pams have the blueish AR coating, like the genuine pam222 does not and im not positive but i think the pam89 might not either...................I think the pam91 does not have it and it also has an Anthricite dial so i would check first.............Cheers, Wan

well i understand what u r saying , does anyone know for sure about the ar coating for this watch?

i like the brown strap for it but this rubber is so darn comfortable, lol the gator that caame with it is nice and thick actually but to me looked odd on it

actually the datefont to me is pretty darn good and the cyclops isnt distorted like many i have had so i may leave well enought alone , many need this change and i may do it anyway for a little more mag but it is not bad like i have seen in the past

the lume is not terrible and it will lite up but it dimms faster than SL and not quite as brite but definitely a decent lume job compared to some other reps i have had , lol

thanks for your comments

joe

well i will have to be the guinea pig and get that new way done u talked about, lol i like ar coating it is cool i will just call this one a new version 089 lol

joe

Which dealer did you get it from? Davidson? Wanted to check to see if anyone else was offering the correct cannon pin out of the box.

/Tim

[add] Nevermind. Just saw from the title that you got it from River. I haven't tried River yet and thought Davidson was the only one offering the correct cannon pin.

Also, as far as I know, all automatics have a flush pin, it's only the hand winds that have it recessed.