When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upgrade to swiss ETA movement in sub?

melvin johnson

You would have to make sure the existing hands will fit on the Swiss movement. Also, you would need to ensure the spacer would fit, but that's a minor issue since you can modify the spacer to make it work if needed. If you end up wanting to move ahead with this, PM me as I have several serviced Swiss movements available if you need one.

I have a nice sub LV replica with asian movement. Would it be practical to replace the asian movement with a nice swiss one?

Not a practical mod, the hands wont' fit, the movements are different sizes, the attachment of the movement to the case is not the same etc...

If you wanted to install a better quality movement, then installing a genuine Miyota is the best option, as the majority of asian movements are copies of the Miyota, and therefore avoid the problems of parts not fitting.

RG

Good info! What do you need to know to get the correct replacement Miyota movement?

Thanks

Rick

Not a practical mod, the hands wont' fit, the movements are different sizes, the attachment of the movement to the case is not the same etc...

If you wanted to install a better quality movement, then installing a genuine Miyota is the best option, as the majority of asian movements are copies of the Miyota, and therefore avoid the problems of parts not fitting.

RG

RG

The Zigmeister,

I just ordered the DG2813 for my Sub from Jules Borel and if Im not mistaken they told me that the Miota did not have the hacking feature. Do you find this to be true? If not, I will order the Miyota and return the DG.

http://www.julesborel.com/movements/MC06page78.htm the Miyota page

http://www.julesborel.com/movements/MC06page75.htm the Chinese page w/ the DG2813

As I recall, the Miyota does not have the hacking feature.

Hand sizes Miyota 100/150/17

Hand sizes DG2813 100/152/17

Hand sizes for the Ofrei DG2813 are 100/150/17

http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

I doubt there's much difference between a 150 and 152 hour hand.

Ziggy,

I just ordered the DG2813 for my Sub from Jules Borel and if Im not mistaken they told me that the Miota did not have the hacking feature. Do you find this to be true? If not, I will order the Miyota and return the DG.

The DG2813 is nowhere near the quality of the Miyota 8215 in my opinion, I would install the Miyota for that fact alone.

The Miyota does NOT hack, but the quality is excellent.

RG

• 1 month later...