When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6263

Nanuq

That's funny, I gave this particular watch to one of my best pals last summer. Aren't we a good friend? :)

I think it's really special to giveaway something that you know makes people smile many times a day (each time they check the time).

Best regards to my buddy up in the high elevations and my other pal running from rabid Moose.

224146-13645.jpg

That's funny, I gave this particular watch to one of my best pals last summer. Aren't we a good friend? :)

I think it's really special to giveaway something that you know makes people smile many times a day (each time they check the time).

Best regards to my buddy up in the high elevations and my other pal running from rabid Moose.

224511-13605.jpg

Indeed... Always nice to give a nice timepiece to a friend or relative. I've given away a few of my projects... And everytime I see the recipient, they always have that watch on (which makes me smile).

Cheers to my pals...

:)

Wow, what fond memories!

Now that was a real test.

I never knew that cookin' a rep could have such a lovely aroma - until the infamous Nanuq SubBBQ.

I still gotta try those Venison hot dogs my buddy has told me about (with a side of Grade AAA Alaskan BBQ'd rep & a pint of fine Ale).

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody asked me yesterday if my watch was ever used in a lab. "Lab??", I thought. Well, the dude continued with saying that his old man was a scientist at JPL in Pasadena; and that he has always used the same model Daytona as mine to take measurements of sorts. I was somewhat startled with this interaction, but needless to say it was quite amusing.

I do recall speaking to quite a few ADs over the past 15+ years about the 6263/5 Daytonas. Some ADs did tell me that they could barely get the Daytonas out of their hands. Their best clients for the Daytonas were, get this, scientists. Makes sense.

Crossing paths with the aforementioned gentleman yesterday reiterates this suggested commonality that I speak of... Scientists, unite!

Fascinating...

this watch is 100% cursed.

my first one didnt run very well, crown didnt work well. after a while it broke, got it fixed&bought gen tube&crown, broke again. 2nd movement I bought, broke. bought a genuine valjoux 23 (3rd movement), didnt run well. Servicing it would have cost me another 300$ (dont have that much to spend on one single watch, the movement alone cost me 500 or 600$).

then I finally found the perfect 6263 for me at watchhonpo, bought it, sent over 500$ to KEN from Etaworldgoods (via WU). GOT SCAMMED. 3 months No watch, no money, no reply :(

Ohh man, u got scammed by KEN? That is bad news. I am sorry to hear the trouble. I had a funny feeling that KEN was no good. I never ever pay via WU unless it's a real good pal of mine.

I won't even get into me losing $1k via WU a few years ago :horse: I still fume when I thingk about it.

Guest RiverwindMDS
I would NEVER use WU either, but I made an exception, because I love this watch and KEN was the only hope I had left! I have almost 2k down the drain now.

me 7500$....

I have almost 2k down the drain now.

me 7500$....

Damn!

All with Ken?!? :blink:

Guest avitt
no with another dealer mentioned in this post...

DW? That would be troubling to hear...

I don't know the situation, nor what has transpired, but I can tell you that DW just corrected a situation with me that had been outstanding since last May...If it is DW, are you continuing to try for resolution?