When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm Actually Mad Now....

omeega

So, a few weeks ago I ordered an Omega SMP expecting that the bezel would be misaligned and the bracelet would have screws. Both of those were true, but when I got the watch the 3 o'clock hour marker was missing and the bezel wouldn't pop off like everyone is explaining. Everytime I tried it would scratch and dent the bezel so I stopped trying. Yesterday the Helium valve fell off just during normal wear and I can't seem to source it. Cousins replied to my inquiry with a part that costs $70 and I'm not sure it's the right part. I have yet to hear from Josh.

So is this just bad luck? My whole day is ruined.....

All new SMPs have the 3 o clock marker missing. This can be read in several posts in the Omega section. As for the bezel alignment you are right... it is really hard to pop the bezel off. I also f#cked up and ruined my SMP trying to get the bezel off. It's all part of the game. Learn from it and do it different (or don't do it) the next time! If you're clumsy, like me, don't mess with your watches!

As for the HEV...just plain bad luck!

Edited by Rolexman

Rolexman:

I PMed you but would like to throw this out the the other members.

I just ordered a SMP from Josh 2 days ago and am counting on it being exact as in his picture.

http://watchwindersworld.com/omse10002-sea...8242-p-892.html

After reading this post I was concerned as I can find NO reference to any gen new SMP not having the small marker at the 3 o'clock. The only one that is missing marker at 3 o'clock is SMP midsize. Even the new SMP (red "seamaster" on dial has the small marker at 3 'oclock.

http://www.prestigetime.com/items.php?acti...o=&start=12

So I e-mailed Josh to verify that the watch I would be getting has small marker at 3 o'clock as his web advertises via pictures. His responce was simply "The SMP I have sent to you is the most correct model.. " I felt this did not address my concern so I e-mailed again and he said he would ensure it.

I am nervous now that I will get what Omeega got. If someone can demonstrate that the correct men's SMP does not have small marker at 3 o'clock please reply. Thanks!!

So, a few weeks ago I ordered an Omega SMP expecting that the bezel would be misaligned and the bracelet would have screws. Both of those were true, but when I got the watch the 3 o'clock hour marker was missing and the bezel wouldn't pop off like everyone is explaining. Everytime I tried it would scratch and dent the bezel so I stopped trying. Yesterday the Helium valve fell off just during normal wear and I can't seem to source it. Cousins replied to my inquiry with a part that costs $70 and I'm not sure it's the right part. I have yet to hear from Josh.

The bezel removal issue is normal on these models, they are on harder than the hinges of hell, and virtually impossible to remove, without serious damage to the bezel. You did not say "why" your trying to remove the bezel. If you want to remove the bezel to remove the insert and realign it, the best way is to remove the movement and the crystal, then you can access the insert and pop it off...

The HE valve is a common problem, I lost the one on my SMP chrono, and there have been warnings from many members, myself included, to make sure your HE valve is glued in place (I find this the best solution).

The replacement part from Cousins will be a genuine one, and it's tube is not compatible with the tube you have on yours, and will require machining the case to get it installed. Some HE valves are simply crowns installed in the HE position.

Not bad luck, just normal stuff for a rep.

RG

What are you talking about? You wrote this post (as the begining of a thread) nearly a month ago!

Mar 3 2007, 07:37 AM' post=210602]

This is my first replica purchase, but certainly not my last. I'm hooked, and my friends are catching on too. I just don't know what's coming next....

I had to buy the quintessential classic blue SMP as my first rep. I knew going into it that there would be flaws coming from the new generation, so I'll start with those. Most noticable is the missing hour marker at 3 oclock. I even asked Josh about this prior to purchase and he referred me to his pictures online which show the marker. Bummer. The bezel was also misaligned, that was expected. The hour and minute hands also have some rough looking edges on close inspection.

Now, the good news is that I love the watch. I'm glad it showed up at all and quite quickly to boot. It's overall look, feel and weight are excellent. I had no problems adjusting the band, but I don't know if I'll attempt the bezel mod. I'd rather live with it than mess it up. If I hadn't spent hours scouring this site I wouldn't have noticed any of it, so I guess it doesn't matter. When I have the money and if I actually care I'll buy a real one. I'll post pics in a day or two.

Thanks Josh and the entire community for all the insight.

Given your comments then, how can you complain now about the things which at the time, you knew and accepted? I admit, the HEv falling out sucks, and it sucks that the bezel has been damaged, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the 'missing 3' marker or the screws instead of pins which you already knew about.

If you don't want the watch any more, then I'll gladly take it off your hands for you, as I want the dial for my project watch. If you are prepared to get the dial out and sell it to me, I'll happily point you in the direction of what appears to be (as far as I can tell) a much more accurate SMP for $92

Just to update and clarify, I wasn't really mad at Josh, just upset that I've had a little bad luck. I chose the model I bought because of all the great info on this site -- I just expected the dial to be accurate and that I could easily align the bezel because I think it makes a distinct visual difference. If I hadn't read so much here I wouldn't have expected so much....

Josh, to his great credit, is going to send me a new valve. He also got my friend a very nice, accurate PO that completely fooled an AD. Ironically that's what I was going to buy....should have went with my gut.

@omeega... please be honest when you post any "complaint" and don't try to get a free ride with the ongoing storm.

We already spend tons of energy to try to regulate our dealers' behavior and we need every bit of honestly from our members to do that.

@TeeJay, thanks for the work.

I think Omeega has a ligitmate "complaint". The picture on josh's site of the watch shows an accurate face with a 3 o'clock marker. His did not come with that and is an easy spot for it being a rep. the other stuff was just along for the ride.

I am waiting on this watch from josh and quite frankly have not received a clear answer from him of weather or not the watch is missing that marker. I think he can't give it to me beacuse he does not know as it is sent already and he probably never saw it.

Rolexman talks of the 3 o'clock marker not being on the new dials which I have seen no proof of so I can relate to Omeega's pain on this issue. Teejay, share the love and tell us all where the accurate $92 rep is. Isn't that what these forums are for??? As I might have to ship my SMP back to josh.....

Sorry for the delay, folks. This is a link to the watch in question:

http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=2493536

Now, please bear in mind that I have not seen this watch in person, nor dealt with the dealer before. If the photo is indeed accurate, then I think this is one very nice watch. I suspect that the dial might be smooth, with the wave logo printed on it, but, from the pictures, it is hard to be 100% sure. I am going purely on the photo and the assumption (hope) that the dealer is honest. From what I can see, the watch is an absolute steal for the price :)

Teejay: based on all that is going on with our "trusted " dealers. I cannot see face clear enough to pull trigger and am reluctant to try out a new dealer at this point. Trying to get back off my U.PO as I type this to see how bad I got burned on this watch.....

Teejay: based on all that is going on with our "trusted " dealers. I cannot see face clear enough to pull trigger and am reluctant to try out a new dealer at this point. Trying to get back off my U.PO as I type this to see how bad I got burned on this watch.....

That's cool, I can certainly understand that. I admit, I wish I could see the dial better myself, but, in general, the watch looks pretty good. If I had the cash, I'd buy one, even if it then meant getting a gen dial from ofrei, as the price is definitely right. I just wish I didn't have presents that I have to buy before I can treat myself to anything, or I'd've already ordered one. Two things about the watch that impress me, are the color and texture of the bezel insert, and, the positioning of the HEv. From the picture, it does appear to be offset above the 10 as it should be.

May be I shouldn't use the word "honest" on omeega but if you read what TeeJay found you will understand why I react that way. Never mean to be offensive.

Wow, you guys really are ridiculous. So I posted the very first day I had my watch about how the hour marker was missing. I did accept the flaw at the time and I did and still do praise the watch for how cool it looks overall. But then I tried to remove the bezel like 1000 posts here have described doing and I ended up scratching the bezel and case. Then my helium valve fell off randomly, thus I became very frustrated. That's when I posted this thread.

I'm not "riding the storm" or whatever the hell you guys called it, nor am I accusing Josh of anything. I'm merely expressing my frustrations to the only watch-geeks that will understand and maybe even sympathize. Now continue hijacking the thread.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest development in my saga is that my watch is slowing or stopping intermittently. It will keep perfect time for a day or so then I'll notice it's 30-90 minutes off. I reset the time and it will proceed in the same manner. I've tried winding the watch daily with no help.

I really want to like my watch, but it's getting very difficult. My friend's PO from Josh is perfect, no problems. Should have bought one of those.....

The latest development in my saga is that my watch is slowing or stopping intermittently. It will keep perfect time for a day or so then I'll notice it's 30-90 minutes off. I reset the time and it will proceed in the same manner. I've tried winding the watch daily with no help.

Put it outside now, bury it in the garden, Its probably going to burst in to flames and set you house on fire :animal_rooster:

Seriouly, you have had no luck with that watch and I sympathise with you,no consilation but you will be a wiser guy at the end of it.

Hope you can pull something positive out of this whole experience.

Good luck for when you buy the PO (you know your going to, right?)

I really want to like my watch, but it's getting very difficult. My friend's PO from Josh is perfect, no problems. Should have bought one of those.....

From my own recent 'experiences' with movement regulation, I would think it might need professionally regulating. Might be worth taking it into a small jewellers/watchmakers and seeing what they can do for you. Best of luck :)

So Josh is awesome enough to take a look at my watch. I had a dealer check it out before sending it and he said there was a problem....can't remember the name of the part but he said it would be like $90 to fix it. Not cool, I'm hoping Josh has a solution.

What I'm wondering is if there is any way that running with my watch on or jostling it a bunch could foul up the fine movement of an automatic? I tend to wear mine ALL the time.