When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Acetimer 8 Watch Winder with lots o pics

Blackrain

The stagger in the second picture is another nice idea. I will have to start doing that on some of them.

My wrist size is such that I can get some on with the larger size cushion and some I can't. The ones I can't tend to be a little loose and flop around a bit. My daytona fit the larger size but the 196 the bracelet would not hold so I had to use the smaller cushion and so, the 196 flopped around a little. So, sliding the peice that adjusts the cushion size between the two not only prevented contacted, but also helps keep the 196 still.

Still happy!

Blackrain you cost me $200!

Your review convinced me I need one of these. Now that I have impulsed purchsed 6 reps in the last couple of months I need to get the toys and accessories!

That's why I'm here my friend :)

I would feel sorry for you, but having read great reviews of the Ferrari FER0002, Davidson's Fiddy, and seeing Pug's pics of the Black Monster with Nato strap, I'm soon going to be out another $750...................my wife is gonna friggin kill me soon :bicycle:

Guest overboosted

Great review!

But buyers beware.

You get what you pay for in the winder world. I have had two of these and the motors die after a few months.

Plus maybe not such a good idea to keep reps running if they don't need to be.

Gotta figure they have a life expectancy, and running them nonstop really shortens that.

Thats being said,,,I have around 40 reps and just keep one (ETA) on a winder,,,,a $100 single winder from offrei.

Just my input

:)

Point taken... mine is four months old and no issues. But for that amount of money, I don't expect it to last for ever. So when it dies... I will have the opportunity to modify it! Lets see, glass to replace the plastic in the lid... better lining... holders for the winders that fit better... shielded motors... :)

What can be said that hasn't been said before? This is a fantastic review... Excellent overview of the product- construction, quality and function all covered in great detail (I especially liked the review of the 'internals').

I do hope that you'll follow up with a long term review of this item... I'd certainly like to know how well this winder performs in the extended use category...

Well done!

Just ordered the burlwood version of this from Anthony. I have attached a phot he sent. It is going out today with hopeful delivery by Monday!

Make sure to add some pics of the Burlwood to this thread, that would make it more complete for those considering this winder :)

• 1 year later...

Has anybody used A 7750 watches on Acetimer winder. Do they remain wound.

I read from other posts on this forum that 7750 needs either clockwise or counter-clockwise movement to wind. Acetimer winder doesnot seem to allow direction control and alternates between clockwise and counter-clockwise movement, hence wondering how it works with 7750s.

On another note, some of you guys have bought these winders a year or more ago. How are they holding up.

Will appreciate your feedback.

On another note, some of you guys have bought these winders a year or more ago. How are they holding up.

Will appreciate your feedback.

I have been, and still am, a big Acetimer/Anthony proponent. However, I have to report that my 4 watch winder began to fail after about 1.5 years. It was a kind of insidious problem, too: Everything looked and sounded fine...But one of my watches was loosing time...then two. I examined the winder, and it looked like everything was working. Then I noticed that one of the turntables was moving more slowly than the others (it looked fine when there was no watch, and slow when the weight of the watch was added).

I took the winder apart, and after a thorough inspection and head scratching, figured out that the motor shafts were beginning to spin inside the plastic pinion gears. I pulled the gears, and attempted to epoxy them to the shafts, but I couldn't solve the problem.

When I reported the problem, Anthony offered to help with any spare parts that he may have on hand...I just haven't got around to it.

Now, my winder has only one watch per turntable. I imagine that this problem, if it was endemic, would be even worse with the additional, unequal weight of two watches.

In the meantime, my wife's nice little Eilux winder has been chugging along for about 3 years now. I guess you get what you pay for...

Edited by avitt