When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sash Best Rolex 16610LV Sub

Guest RiverwindMDS

Guest RiverwindMDS

A part of the dial is seems really good in my opinion.

What do you think about it?

Dear All,

Rolex Submariner 50th Anniversary LV

Why Sash best edition?

Nice deep rehaut

2.5x cyclops mag

rolex laser etched logo at 6:00 positon

large min and sec hands

new crown - closer to gen with 3 dots at lower position

rework crown guard

smooth bracelet with solid engravings

NICKEL PLATED Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement

and many more.. see for yourself!

MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA 2836-2 Automatic Nickel plated movement

DIAMETER: 41mm

THICKNESS: 11mm

DIAL: Black

CASE MATERIAL: 316L Solid Stainless Steel

BRACELET: 316L Solid Stainless Steel

FRONT: Sapphire Crystal

BACK: Closed back with rolex 3D hologram

BEZEL: Uni-directional Bezel

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Oyster bracelet with divers extension

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position (2.5x mag)

Price: $219

227182-12961.jpg

227182-12962.jpg

227182-12963.jpg

227182-12964.jpg

227182-12965.jpg

227182-12966.jpg

227182-12967.jpg

227182-12968.jpg

227182-12969.jpg

Please PM me if you are interested!

It depends on how hung up on details you might be. I like the watch and the rehaut is better than most. A couple of problems I have noticed with this watch is that the pearl is flat (new bezel will correct that) and the date mag is to far to the right (much harder to fix)...

Is there nobody here that could give me an opinion?

Guest RiverwindMDS
It depends on how hung up on details you might be. I like the watch and the rehaut is better than most. A couple of problems I have noticed with this watch is that the pearl is flat (new bezel will correct that) and the date mag is to far to the right (much harder to fix)...

These are problems I can easly fix, I wanted to know about the case.

Anybody have other opinions?

These are problems I can easly fix, I wanted to know about the case.

Anybody have other opinions?

It's the same thing as Josh's/Silix's/Angus'/Ruby's/Andrew's exp sub. I don't like it. The rehaut is very conical. The date window is too big and squarish and too far to the right. The cyclop has too much magnification. Not good enough for a MBW owner like you.

- bm

Taking Jet's thoughts on the TW Best case one step further, I'd then buy Paul's so called Perfect LV:

http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...roducts_id=1144

and I'd marry the two watches. Use Paul's dial, hands and movement in the TW case, attach Paul's hollow mid-link band to it, and trim the crown guards. Some genuine parts, a bezel insert, case tube and crown would bring you to the point of perfection.

You could put the other spare parts together and give that watch to your favorite brother-in-law, a nephew, or sell it.

Guest RiverwindMDS
Riverwind, it would be helpful if Sash would post a profile photo that would illustrate the thickness of the crystal. It's not clear from his photo #4. The gen has a thick and beveled crystal.

River's TW Best 16610 is quite good in this regard, for example: http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/riv...nt=DSCN4963.jpg

Thank you very much for the tip. Ubi, what do you think about that TW sub?

Taking Jet's thoughts on the TW Best case one step further, I'd then buy Paul's so called Perfect LV:

http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...roducts_id=1144

and I'd marry the two watches. Use Paul's dial, hands and movement in the TW case, attach Paul's hollow mid-link band to it, and trim the crown guards. Some genuine parts, a bezel insert, case tube and crown would bring you to the point of perfection.

You could put the other spare parts together and give that watch to your favorite brother-in-law, a nephew, or sell it.

That's an excellent idea, Alligoat.

You can simply take the whole movement, dial, hands as a unit and transfer it to River's TW Best. You end up having a spare movement (it's also a 2836-2 inside River's). I went the longer route. I ordered the dial (it's a black sub dial of the so-called perfect from Paul, cheap, $8 only). I changed the dial, put the hands back in. It fits perfectly. I bought a noobmariner bracelet for $30 from a member. Essentially your way is more costly but a whole lot more convenient and you don't have to wait and fish for a bracelet. Too bad the caseback doesn't fit the TW Best, otherwise one more useful part out of the so-called.

-bm

one flaw on River's TW Best that I want to let you know. The left side of the case is rounded at the edges. The right side is ok. Some smart factory work thinks it's a good idea to round the edges, kinda look like datejust's sides a little. It doesn't bother me though.

Guest RiverwindMDS
one flaw on River's TW Best that I want to let you know. The left side of the case is rounded at the edges. The right side is ok. Some smart factory work thinks it's a good idea to round the edges, kinda look like datejust's sides a little. It doesn't bother me though.

can you make a picture of that?