When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsens new 005

I was just looking at the recent dealer listings, and Davidsen has a new 005 listed. I've looked at the photos, and compared them to photos of gen- this looks more spot on than any one I have seen. Color of lume looks right, even the crown looks good. Only thing I notice is font may be just slightly off.

Am I missing anything??

-O

I was just looking at the recent dealer listings, and Davidsen has a new 005 listed. I've looked at the photos, and compared them to photos of gen- this looks more spot on than any one I have seen. Color of lume looks right, even the crown looks good. Only thing I notice is font may be just slightly off.

Am I missing anything??

-O

hmmm now i am confused...i thought the "upgraded" oo5 looked really bad due to the obviously TOO green numbers...they might be well lumed but they are obviously too green !

here is the gen for comparison (left side)...

228226-12761.jpg

...or is this just the pictures doing injustice to davidsen's work ?? I have not (yet) owned a davidsen-pam so i really dont know, i can only judge from the pics...

I pulled the photo and corrected the color- and it did not come up so green. Photoshop 'knows' the right settings- this method has worked for me in the past. Correcting it takes off some of the green hue.

-O

Care to post your corrected pics, dude? ^_^

I pulled the photo and corrected the color- and it did not come up so green. Photoshop 'knows' the right settings- this method has worked for me in the past. Correcting it takes off some of the green hue.

-O

LOL...now you made me more than curious dude...so you get the pics from dealers, correct them to look like the genuine and then they convince you to buy the product ? LOL ! No offense, but what do you mean with correcting pics ????

I use auto color correct in photochop CS, and it fixes the color cast by the lighting the dealers use on their photos. In the past it has been helpful in determining how yellow or green the lume is- and the actual products I have received have born this out.

That being said, ehat is wrong with the logo??

-O

I use auto color correct in photochop CS, and it fixes the color cast by the lighting the dealers use on their photos. In the past it has been helpful in determining how yellow or green the lume is- and the actual products I have received have born this out.

That being said, ehat is wrong with the logo??

-O

logo isn't wrong, it's just too big.

i hate being right on this. It seems like such an easy thing to fix. The 12/3/6/9 numerals also need to be thicker.

z

Here the shots of davidsen and the gen side by side, sorry i dont know how to make myself clearer but the rep does not look anything like the gen.

1) Why the hell are the numbers green in the rep ??? Look on the gen the numbers are WHITE !!!!!!!!!

2) one of the crucial characterisitcs of the logo models is that they have fatter numbers on the dial, the rep totally misses this point

3) i dont even wanna know how misplaced the "L Swiss L" is ......

and yet people over at RWI scream Go Davidsen Go, as if the created a masterpiece....something must be terribly wrong with my eyes...

228411-12720.jpg

Edited by uziuzi

Here the shots of davidsen and the gen side by side, sorry i dont know how to make myself clearer but the rep does not look anything like the gen.

1) Why the hell are the numbers green in the rep ??? Look on the gen the numbers are WHITE !!!!!!!!!

2) one of the crucial characterisitcs of the logo models is that they have fatter numbers on the dial, the rep totally misses this point

3) i dont even wanna know how misplaced the "L Swiss L" is ......

and yet people over at RWI scream Go Davidsen Go, as if the created a masterpiece....something must be terribly wrong with my eyes...

228425-12717.jpg

on second thought the logo is wrong, it's not angled enough. and it's too big. sigh.

on second thought the logo is wrong, it's not angled enough. and it's too big. sigh.

Too big -- no doubt.

But as for the angle, I'm all but sure it's wrong.

this D logo pam is not the best one definitely...the flaws that you guys pointed out are really BIG...there are a lot of improvements to do on this one...but the good thing is that D is willing to do it and often listens to our critics...

Too big -- no doubt.

But as for the angle, I'm all but sure it's wrong.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Angle of the OP and the size too...

Other than that, it's excellent. Solid casebacks are the ONLY Pannie reps that will pass inspection...

Almost...

Do you know if they put in an original 6497 without any modifications in the models with solid case backs? Or do they still try to make it look like a Pam movement, adding swan necks etc?

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Angle of the OP and the size too...

Other than that, it's excellent. Solid casebacks are the ONLY Pannie reps that will pass inspection...

Almost...

Kudos to Davidsen for trying, but his work ends up making me scratch my head---anyone who's ever worked with the software and printing technology knows it takes just as long and costs just as much to do it wrong as it takes to do it right.

The correct number thickness, the exact font, and the right color lume costs exactly the same and takes exactly as long to produce as a dial with 1/4 scale numbers, Jokertman BT font, and pink lume. Clearly , the people doing the work for Davidsen have no clue what they're doing, or do it wrong on purpose.

Can you inagine the profit Davidsen would make if he could find someone who had the bae minimum attention to detail needed to actually do these projects accurately? Wouldn't cost him a dime of overhead extra.

Archibald, you have hit the nail squarely on the head. I had the 1st 082 (sent it back)and now this new? 005 from him and I just don't get it. And obviously neither does he. Too bad, because his projects hold such promise. From a new member here on RWG.

Rogerwine

People still wondering if this isnt on purpose ?? Of course it is, if people arguing that there is no perfect pam out there because the factories have no interest in producing a PERFECT for a couple of watch freaks like us when they can sell still thousands to the average tourist, they argue right. But didnt Davidsen in particular try to do a perfect rep just for his small watch freak client base of us ? Wouldnt he benefit ? I mean, seriously, if there was a 100 % PERFECT (meaning the dial of the watch) who wouldnt buy it ?

I would...

Does anyone have first hand experienced getting this 005 dial relumed?

Mine is done in C7, very green color dial.

Hour and minute hands look more like C3.

Could I get the dial relumed in 80:20 mix C1:C2 and have the final color come out correct?

Some forum members suggest that the C7 green color will still show right through the new whiter lume job.

Finally, if it is relumed couldn't the numbers be redone just a little fatter?

Any comments?

edit: I just found Flavor Flav's comments down below about all C1 lume working well. Thanks Flavor Flav !!!

Can you inagine the profit Davidsen would make if he could find someone who had the bae minimum attention to detail needed to actually do these projects accurately? Wouldn't cost him a dime of overhead extra.

I offered to be that person. I asked him what format he needed the drawings in, but I'm 100% sure I could do a 100% accurate set of dials 177/111 001/005/195/etc

z

Davidsen did some good work lately, but he is a total screw up when it comes to service, absolutely worst delaer, period. None of those PAMs are particularly good, quality is low, and you can't even fit the regular straps, crap, crap, crap. So good luck with Davidson. Just my 2p worth.