When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Ingenieur?

ajoesmith

Hi

going to buy an IWC Ingenieur and need help deciding on which one

The SS Ingenieur or the Titanium AMG Ingenieur

Ive already owned the SS Ingenieur and sold it. I liked it, just needed the money.

Anyway time has come to buy again and just need help deciding.

I dont really care which is more accurate, just want the members think is the nicest looking.

any help is appreciated

Thanks

Joe

I almost ordered the Ti after receiving the SS - because I liked it so much. EL (at that time) told me not to order the Ti because it wasn't the same watch - i.e. the quality left something to be desired. He thought that at some point they'd be released an upgraded Ti version, but I don't think that ever happened.

As you have owned the SS Ingenieur I don't have to explain the watch to you. I am extremely fond of mine and would not consider parting with it.

If the question is one of diversity or variety, consider getting a matching carbon fiber strap so you can change out with the bracelet. To me the bracelets on the Ingy and GST are among their strong pluses, but I can understand why some people would want to change the look of the Ingy by pairing it with a strap.

That's a tough choice, I still cannot decide myself which one to get but I'm leaning more towards TI. I really like the face of the Ti better with the numbers and red seconds hand but I'm not crazy about TI being so light. I think SS looks really nice but it is close to many other watches. I tried both genuine at an AD and I felt that TI has more character. I might actually order it finally later this week, although I wonder about quality.

Hope that helps.

Hi

going to buy an IWC Ingenieur and need help deciding on which one

The SS Ingenieur or the Titanium AMG Ingenieur

Ive already owned the SS Ingenieur and sold it. I liked it, just needed the money.

Anyway time has come to buy again and just need help deciding.

I dont really care which is more accurate, just want the members think is the nicest looking.

any help is appreciated

Thanks

Joe

I might actually order it finally later this week, although I wonder about quality.

my personal experience with the AMG? - great quality. I wore this watch on tuesday - thursday nite it was still ticking strong and it keeps great time.

Now i had fits switching out the bracelet to the strap. The gunk that holds the carbon fiber onto the kevlar strap ran over the pin holes and was so sticky I couldn't get the pins in and ended up breaking them in half (the pins not the strap) - so clean the holes out good.

but the timepiece is top notch

White face is Phantasy, no?

The white face at that particular size is a fantasy, but I like it well enough that I don' care.

As for the differences, well, the titanium watch is lighter of course, which I HATE, and the over all fit and finish just wasn't there. The actual finish on the titanium we very rough compared to pics of the gen I have seen.

edited to add that the face of the AMG, though terraced, is flat. The I-beam pattern on the SS model is far more appealing to me.