When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My collection - Might pass a few minutes for you!

watchman12345

228368-12731.jpg

Here's my humble collection. Started collecting around 7 months ago. Its a hard hobby for me as I'm still in college and money is tight! I've really enjoyed it so far tho! I'd appreciate any comments and ideas on what i should add to my collection. I was thinking the Steelfish and the Tag Carrera will be my next two reps. Apologies for the bad camera phone pics. A camera is what i need next!

My first purchase was a 4th gen Planet ocean from andrew. Its a very vice reliable watch , and the nickel plated 2824 feels so so much smoother than the gold one in my SMP. +3s a day. Its waterproof and in 90% condition. It gets around 10% of my wrist time at the moment.

228368-12732.jpg

Next came TTKs "noobmariner". The Asian 21J is still ticking but acts a bit strange at times! Date moving when setting time etc, but it works to around +15s a day. Again around 10% wrist time for this one.

228368-12733.jpg

Then I got my first A7750. A fully serviced Navitimer, again from Andrew. This has been going strong for 5 months and it a real beauty. Movement around +7s a day and works perfectly. It is on a rep strap that came with my EVO ultimate and its one of my favourites! Wrist time ~30%.

228368-12734.jpg

Next came my one gen (besides a G-shock I have in the drawer!), a seiko orange monster with ss band. Got this on the bay for around $90. It runs well, around +30s a day, but I only wear it swimming really. Will be handy for holidays. Prob ~5% wrist time at most.

228368-12735.jpg

Then after some serious hassle, I got my SMP from Ruby going. It has a gen dial and hands and a gold coloured ETA 2824-2. Not a patch on the one in my PO but works well all the same. I love this watch but it is not as well made as the other reps. Bezel is a touch loose even after i tightened it. Bracelet clasp it a touch loose as well. I still really love it though and it gets ~15% of my wrist time. It is waterproof.

228368-12736.jpg

Finally, my Breitling EVO ultimate from Angus on a strap from watchbandcentre.de - A real beauty with amazing build quality and great AR. It took 3 watches to get it right, but Angus was a gent and really impressed me. I love this watch. Its almost perfect in my eyes. Maybe the date is a tiny tiny bit high but not really noticeable! Wearing it around 30% of the time if not more!

228368-12737.jpg

I hope this passed a few minutes if your bored and like me trawling the forums! Im open to any advice but I prob wont be able to afford anymore reps for a few months and I have exams coming up so customs worries will be replaced by exam worries! Hope it was at least a small bit interesting into the rep collecting habits of a 21 year old! I must just say as well that despite all the "hassle" with dealers recently, I must say I am extremely pleased with almost all of the dealers I've dealt with and am grateful to them for helping me with my hobby! (albeit for profit!).

Beautiful collection. When I was in college I had a Timex. You've learned a lot in 7 months. I think that's a testament to your intelligence and to the value of this forum.

Beany

Nice collection! When I was in college my idea of a good watch was Seiko, I thought Omega was a sorority. BTW your camera phone takes pics that beat my 7mp camera!

Great collection you got going there :) and as for holding out till after the exams....well, good luck!

You do realize you've been bitten by the bug, resistance is futile at this point.

The pictures also look pretty good for a camera phone. I am looking for a good one, but I haven't seen any produce decent quality pics until seeing yours. What kind of camera phone did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

dude, thats an awesome collection :wub: you defenitely need a pam now, but its still superb taste in here :) I am student myself and I know that getting around some extra funds to add new watches to your collection must be a pain in your ass :p

I am thinking about the orange monster as my next watch too, its as adequate to our students wealthy as hell :D

Cheers, and keep up new comeing and build up your collection.

Nice collection. I am almost glad that the internet was still in its infancy (remember when 28.8 modems were considered 'fast'!!!) when I got into watches. It made my addiction mild since there was not so much information readily available. Nowadays, I buy watches like I steal toothpicks from restaurants: all the time :crazy:

Best regards

Congrats for this collection.

I'm much older than you and wish I started at your age.... :o

If you continue with good tastes and intelligence as you do now, you'll be a serious candidate for an award of "the best rep collector ever" in 25 years !

Cheers and enjoy,

Stephane