When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vintage gmt experts...

lionsandtigers

I don't see how you could rebuild the case, the chapter ring is toast- would you believe my dog ate the watch!

As Euno says, all you're really buying is the movement, and I would think getting parts for a 1035 would be tough. But if you need a 1035, what else can you do?

It is a terrible shame that Rolex no longer supports service on the 1030/5 movement. I can see that there are some folks that are willing to take the chance with the listed movement on ebay so that they might have a few extra parts fro their 1030/5.

But as mentioned above, the watch appears to have been smashed head-on head-on apply directly to your forehead.

If the movement was breached with saltwater, there could be considerable damage. If it was just plain ol' pool water, it is (perhaps) not so bad. I have experience restoring a 1675 that was powered with a 1565 movement that had water damage. After a complete service, it was running like new again. Anyhow, I bought the movement as a 'gamble'. I lucked out with it. Maybe the luck can be attributed to the insane build quality control that Rolex used to have.

Most of you have seen/read the info below...

Here's a pic of that movement. You can see that it had 'brassed' due to water exposure. By the way, this happens with age as well; it does not have to be water that causes discoloration.

228949-12597.jpg

...And this was the watch that I had built from 100% OEM parts (that included this 1565 movement)

228949-12598.jpg

Edited by Eunomians

When was the last no survivor plane crash in Brazil?

That may be a clue as to when it was last serviced.

What a mess!

Good advice from the old wise ones to stay away.

Lots of luck in your continuing search.