When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

High Resolution date font shots for BCE

Rolexman

Tomorrow I get to borrow the gen BCE from my neighbour so I can take 31 high res. shots of the date wheel.

I don't know who needs them and if I should post them here or just mail them to who ever needs them?

Maybe also someone could give me some tips on how many pix the shots should have and if they have to be JPEG or TIFF (have both settings on my camera - Minolta Dimage F200-).

I'm familiar with macro shots so I think the pictures will turn out pretty nice :D

Mark

PS: I will upload some pics tomorrow evening... if there is interest off course......otherwise I'm not going through all that trouble :cool2:

Edited by TwoTone

I can't remember who was willing to make these - it was in one of my old threads - but the reality was - they need a high res scan/photo of the whole date wheel - not just each number. Since it is unlikely anyone would allow someone to crack it open - hopefully high res of each numeral will help against a close datewheel. I think i remeber reading that the 7's were slighly off on the datewheel that one person was able to track down.

I can't remember who was willing to make these - it was in one of my old threads - but the reality was - they need a high res scan/photo of the whole date wheel - not just each number. Since it is unlikely anyone would allow someone to crack it open - hopefully high res of each numeral will help against a close datewheel. I think i remeber reading that the 7's were slighly off on the datewheel that one person was able to track down.

Well in that case.... I ain't gonna strip my neighbour's BCE off course <_<

I will make a couple of shots and post them here... Maybe they can be of use, maybe not. I hope the person who can make the new date wheel overlays will read this post before then.

In my opinion it would be possible to scan the Asian date wheel and just photoshop all the gen fonts on to it...... like a puzzle.

Edited by Rolexman

Excellent!

It is projects and helpful members like this, that keep this great community going!

I really look forward to this, if it goes through. Even though I am an Engineer, I have not yet joined the Ingenieur crowd and that datewheel project, but I sure am in for Breitling datewheels!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I don't think he wants to take apart his friend's watch. No worries though. You don't need the whole datewheel. It is the standard 7750 layout. The interesting thing is that this font is really nothing more than stock ETA with the font bolded. In fact I have a bunch of older ETA movements and the font and numbers are very close. No rocket science here. :thumbsupsmileyanim: