When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My humble collection

SportsterRider

Been trying to get better with the camera shots, so I figured I'd take some shots of my collection. After seeing some of the pictures of members collections here, mine doesn't hold a candle to most here. But seeing new shots of others prized pieces is one of the cool things about this site and I figured it was time to contribute. So without further ado..

This is a shot of most of my collection. From left to right, top to bottom - Bulova Millenia, PAM 909, Vostok Mriya, Seiko Chrono, Genuine 2254.50, So-Called Perfect Sub from Paul, VIPMariner, Tu-Tone Datejust.

230230-12336.jpg

230230-12337.jpg

230230-12338.jpg

This is a shot of my first 'good' replica. I bought this in the summer of 2000 and paid a good penny for it. Back then, I had never heard of a replica this nice. The first replica's I owned were bought back in the 1983-1985 timeframe. None off them had mechanical movements - all were quartz. They were also all plastic crystals, base metal cases and bearing only a passing resemblance to their genuine counterpart. So when I 'found' a site selling this piece, I was blown away at it's accuracy. It's got an ETA 2836 movement, I replaced the replica band with a nice Italian piece. But other than that, it's unmodified. I wore this watch almost exclusively for 6 years. Looks as good as the day I bought it.

230230-12339.jpg

230230-12340.jpg

This is the second and last replica I bought from the same place I bought the DJ. It's a Yachtmaster that hasn't held up very well. It's got a nice case and a 2836 movement, but the dial has faded badly and some of the lume on some of the markers has changed color from the others.

230230-12341.jpg

230230-12342.jpg

This is my So-Called Perfect LV from Paul at Wo-Mart. I had this apart recently (I picked up a VIPMariner from RWI and was going to use the movement/dial from the Paul sub in this case) and was VERY impressed with how this watch is constructed. This has to be one of the highest quality reps I've seen in a while. The dial and the case are EXACTLY matched to each other in that the dial fits into the case perfectly in such a way as there is no movement once installed. The metal movement ring is also perfectly machined to the case and movement. It's got a very thick caseback and a solid feel to the case as though it was forged versus cast. It's gotta be one of the best deals going.

230230-12343.jpg

230230-12344.jpg

This is my PAM 090 (that is for sale). I got this to see if I would catch the Panny bug. So far, I don't think I have, but I DO have an increased interest in them that I didn't think I would. So for me the jury is still out on whether or not I'll become hooked on these. I've got a 111h coming that is more in line with what I think of when I think of Panerai. We'll see how that one works for me!

230230-12345.jpg

230230-12346.jpg

This is a Vostok Miyra my dad gave me a couple months ago. It's a sharp looking watch that keeps good time and has a very nice finish. This now splits duty with my tu-tone DJ for dress duty.

230230-12347.jpg

230230-12348.jpg

This is my newest addition and a piece I had been wanting for a LONG time. It's the ever popular 2254.50 SMP. I haven't worn anything else since I picked this up about a month ago.

230230-12349.jpg

230230-12350.jpg

Anyway, there are others (as you can see in the first pics at the top) in my collection, but this is taking longer than I wanted it to. Hopefully you guys enjoyed looking at my small collection!

SR

nice pics (especially the watch box shot -- i haven't been able to take a decent picture of my watches in my watch box) and good looking collection.

thanks for sharing :victory:

deltatahoe

Thanks Deltahoe! I'm finding it difficult to balance my collection between getting every thing I like (which seems to be everything I lay eye's on!), and keeping my collection at a size that allows me to actually wear what I have. Right now it's at a good level in that I can rotate throughout the week and wear most of what I have.

As far as the box shot, it's been somewhat interesting learning how to take these kinds of photo's. Until recently, I've never taken shots of such small items at such a close distance. It's nothing at all like taking 'normal' pictures! But, I'm getting better..

Thanks again!

SR

Here are a couple more shots.

A couple more of the 2254.50:

230824-12129.jpg

230824-12130.jpg

230824-12131.jpg

This is my Bulova Millenia. This is a pretty cool watch. Once it's set, the only thing you have to touch is the date on months that don't have 31 days. It accounts for leap year, shows the day, date and year and month. It also functions as a chronograph.

230824-12132.jpg

230824-12133.jpg

These are my Seiko 5's. The first one my dad bought for me for Christmas. The Sports is one I picked up a little later. Both use the ubiquitous 7S26 movement, which IMO, is one of the best bangs for the buck going. It's super reliable, well constructed and can be regulated to within COSC standards.

230824-12134.jpg

230824-12135.jpg

230824-12136.jpg

230824-12137.jpg

This is the VIPMariner I picked up from Drmmaster. This particular one is going back and will be replaced soon. But it's this base that I'll use for my project (taking the dial/movement/band from a So-Called Perfect sub, installing it in this case along with an aftermarket gen replacement case tube and a genuine crown). I'll take pictures of the project as I go along once the replacement gets here.

230824-12138.jpg

230824-12139.jpg

This is a Titoni I picked up a couple years ago when I was into this particular 'look'. I still love the look, but these kinds of watches are just too damn small for my 7.5 inch wrist. This one was made sometime in the early-mid seventies and still runs great!

230824-12140.jpg

230824-12141.jpg

SR