When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The MBW Series

Guest TTK

@F.....send me a photo or post one here.......unfortunately the only photos I have..are the ones where a member has ordered....that gives me the opportunity to build a catalogue of MBW products......there are lots available.....from Explorer I / II.....to Comex...Milgauss......SRSD...SRSub...etc etc....!

there are lots available.....from Explorer I / II.....to Comex...Milgauss......SRSD...SRSub...etc etc....

The question is: which of MBW's models are worth the extra money (apart the vintages, BTW)? I wouldn't be happy paying extra money for a GMT if same model can be found for 100 USD less in a std dealer... you see my point?

The question is: which of MBW's models are worth the extra money (apart the vintages, BTW)? I wouldn't be happy paying extra money for a GMT if same model can be found for 100 USD less in a std dealer... you see my point?

vmena -- good point, but I am only interested in vintages and I assume (based on previous MBWs) that they will be more accurate than the average reps sold by most dealers and that they will accept gen parts (bezels, crowns, tubes, etc.).

TTK -- I sent you a message a few days ago about the Daytona 16520 in your photobucket catalog, but this is the gen non-date 5513 Comex Sub that I and apparently others would be interested in as an MBW --

post-3175-1176302191_thumb.jpg

Also, in your travels, have you come across any sources for vintage Daytonas (other than DW or EE) that have the correct asymmetrical pusher arrangement, correct dials and working chronos? There is a Japanese site that has a number of reps that look like DWs (they appear to have the correct asymmetrical pusher layout in his photos, but it could just be due to the angle of the watch), but I cannot read Japanese so I do not know any of the construction details. I think they are priced at 35,000 yen, which translates to just under $300USD. Not too bad if they are what they appear to be. The site owner responded to my initial email asking if he has an English language section (no), but would not provide any construction details and he has ignored my two additional emails asking about two specific watches on his site. This is one of them --

post-3175-1176303312_thumb.jpgpost-3175-1176303425_thumb.jpg

How about a 6541 Milgauss with the correct small twinlock crown and plexi crystal?

This photo is from Scotty (years ago) and was an early MBW.

233764-11676.jpg

For kicks, how about a 6542 GMT? You could easily take a thin case, size it like the 6536,

add this small crown and toss in an ETA GMT movement. Most important is the CORRECT

bezel and no crown guards.

There's your challenge. Make one, and you'll sell billions of them.

I wish someone would make the 1st incarnation Milgauss rep again... What I mean is, I hope MBW makes one.