When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix issues?

seanf

Just wondering if anyone had been experiencing any recent communication problems with Silix. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to place my order with him, and now, 3 1/2 weeks after that, I still haven't received confirmation that my order has shipped. Tried emailing him multiple times. I've gotten sporadic correspondence from him, but never an order confirmation. I'm concerned, as these watches were intended to be birthday presents.

BTW, I previously ordered from him in December, and didn't experience any problems at all. Just wondering if this is something new or something that others are experiencing.

Ordered an Omega black strap with orange stitching 2 1/2 weeks ago and I haven't seen it yet. Emailed him on order status about a week ago. No answer.

Just wondering if anyone had been experiencing any recent communication problems with Silix. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to place my order with him, and now, 3 1/2 weeks after that, I still haven't received confirmation that my order has shipped. Tried emailing him multiple times. I've gotten sporadic correspondence from him, but never an order confirmation. I'm concerned, as these watches were intended to be birthday presents.

BTW, I previously ordered from him in December, and didn't experience any problems at all. Just wondering if this is something new or something that others are experiencing.

Guest overboosted

strange.....

seems silix is hit and miss lately

i ordered a watch for my dad, and got reponses in a day or so and tracking about a week after payment, but watch was shipped day after.

i am sure you will get what you paid for,,,,when, i have no idea

Also contaced him on Ferrari Group buy when discussion started, and he finally got a price today,,,,which is lower than the current deal from Sash, and he takes PP too. Too bad for Silix, he coulda sold 10+ watches but his email reponses take too long :(

Placed an order for 4 watches on 4/6 received a confirmation 4/8.

Have not heard anything since then, but one of the watches had to be sourced as it is not on their site.

Prior to placing an order I inquired about their QC which takes 2 days after they have the watches in house and everything is WNL before shipping.

So with one of the watches being source and their QC time requirement, I'll give them another week before asking for a heads up.

Instant gratification always costs more. Frugal is the name of the game for me even with a rep hobby such as this.

Edited by aresnans

Oh Dear. I have just placed, yesterday, my first order with him for the PO rubber strap and a Fendi. His E mails are slow 1-2 days late but I guessed that he is a "one man" operation rather than the industry that Andrew and Josh have. The advantage is lower prices and persional attention - just hope the delivery is OK.

It's a combo of issues,....

First a huge back-log of e-mail that built up during the Chinese New year..

Next, he's spending a ton of time building his new line from scratch...

Lastly, he just got back from a few day pressure release trip..

Regarding the Group buy,... He got cut up pretty bad with that last one,

and though he will respond out of politeness, he's not too keen on getting

into another one, especially with a new release, as they are usually dinged

with problems that he then must address with very low than profit margin...

which results in a loss,.. and last time, the word 'loss' dosen't come close to

the reality of what hit him...

Not a good deal,..and is another reason he's working on his own line...

Idiots. Quality control in China pisses me off, 3 reps bought... all had to be repaired and sent back
It's not a Chinese issue,.. All replicas which are manufactured for wholesale to any dealer,

will suffer from quality control, because the dealers don't have control,..the manufacturers do,.. and

their goals are to build for the cheapest cost possible, which means hiring un-skilled assemblers..

It takes special orders, or better yet, dealer owned factories,... to make the difference.. -_-

OK, more weirdness. About a day after I posted this, Silix responds asking for my shipping address. I sent him back an email giving it to him (again), and asked him why he needed my shipping address if he had shipped the watches three weeks ago. I also asked if I could cancel part of my order. Three days and no response. Then I get a response saying that the watches will be shipped on Monday. As these were birthday presents, and the birthday has already passed, I asked him if I can cancel at least a portion of my order. Then I get another email saying the watches have already shipped. Huh?

Gets weirder. I get yet another email a day later apologizing for the delay and saying the watches will be shipped in a few days. Again, I write back, telling him that someone else already told me the watches were on the way, and I'd like to cancel a portion of my order. I get another email a day later saying that there was a mix-up with his "workers," and the watches have already been shipped, and I should get them sometime this week. Silix offers a small discount on my next order.

So, really not happy with the situation at all. I ordered the watches more than a month ago, thinking this would give me plenty of time for the birthday. In every single email I sent to Silix, I stressed that these were birthday presents, and it was important that I get them in time. Very surprising, as I've dealt with Silix before and had no problems.

OK, more weirdness. About a day after I posted this, Silix responds asking for my shipping address. I sent him back an email giving it to him (again), and asked him why he needed my shipping address if he had shipped the watches three weeks ago. I also asked if I could cancel part of my order. Three days and no response. Then I get a response saying that the watches will be shipped on Monday. As these were birthday presents, and the birthday has already passed, I asked him if I can cancel at least a portion of my order. Then I get another email saying the watches have already shipped. Huh?

Gets weirder. I get yet another email a day later apologizing for the delay and saying the watches will be shipped in a few days. Again, I write back, telling him that someone else already told me the watches were on the way, and I'd like to cancel a portion of my order. I get another email a day later saying that there was a mix-up with his "workers," and the watches have already been shipped, and I should get them sometime this week. Silix offers a small discount on my next order.

So, really not happy with the situation at all. I ordered the watches more than a month ago, thinking this would give me plenty of time for the birthday. In every single email I sent to Silix, I stressed that these were birthday presents, and it was important that I get them in time. Very surprising, as I've dealt with Silix before and had no problems.

Relax,.. if there is one dealer out there that you don't have to worry about,... it's Silix,...

though imo, nothing should be timed for delivery on any occasion from the other side of the world,

it goes triple for contraband..

You need to understand that there are many potential snags between them and you that has nothing

to do with 'weirdness'.. and everything to do with the logistics and hazards of the game...

As a side note, a month or two is not unusual, nor is a few day lag in e-mail..

Don't burn your bridges... :whistling:

Relax,.. if there is one dealer out there that you don't have to worry about,... it's Silix,...

though imo, nothing should be timed for delivery on any occasion from the other side of the world,

it goes triple for contraband..

You need to understand that there are many potential snags between them and you that has nothing

to do with 'weirdness'.. and everything to do with the logistics and hazards of the game...

As a side note, a month or two is not unusual, nor is a few day lag in e-mail..

Don't burn your bridges... :whistling:

Richard -- thanks for you comments. I am fully aware of the delays and issues that can come up with ordering reps. And, as I mentioned, I've previously ordered from Silix before and had no problems. The entire point of this thread, initially, was to ask whether anyone else has been experiencing similar problems with Silix recently. And, from what I've been able to gather from information here and over at RWI, some people have. I'm not slamming Silix, and I'm not questioning whether I'll get my watches. That's not my concern. My concern is that it's taken me going on six weeks to order some pretty standard watches, and when I attempted--repeatedly--to cancel a portion of my order, that's when I was told the watches had already shipped.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy from Silix again. I very well might, depending on the price. But it would have to be a pretty good price. Because if I can get the same watch for about the same money from another dealer, I'll probably go with them. And for the record, I'm not saying anything here that I haven't said to Silix directly via email.

One final point-- you state that two months is not unusual to get a rep. In my experience, it is highly unusual. I've ordered from many, albeit not all, of the dealers around here, and I've never had a delay of more than 3 weeks. Unless you're ordering a special watch that has to be sourced, or there are some unusual issues that come up (customs, wrong address, etc.), I would think that two months is extremely unusual, and I, personally, would think twice about ordering from a dealer that routinely takes two months to ship.

Richard -- thanks for you comments. I am fully aware of the delays and issues that can come up with ordering reps. And, as I mentioned, I've previously ordered from Silix before and had no problems. The entire point of this thread, initially, was to ask whether anyone else has been experiencing similar problems with Silix recently. And, from what I've been able to gather from information here and over at RWI, some people have. I'm not slamming Silix, and I'm not questioning whether I'll get my watches. That's not my concern. My concern is that it's taken me going on six weeks to order some pretty standard watches, and when I attempted--repeatedly--to cancel a portion of my order, that's when I was told the watches had already shipped.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy from Silix again. I very well might, depending on the price. But it would have to be a pretty good price. Because if I can get the same watch for about the same money from another dealer, I'll probably go with them. And for the record, I'm not saying anything here that I haven't said to Silix directly via email.

One final point-- you state that two months is not unusual to get a rep. In my experience, it is highly unusual. I've ordered from many, albeit not all, of the dealers around here, and I've never had a delay of more than 3 weeks. Unless you're ordering a special watch that has to be sourced, or there are some unusual issues that come up (customs, wrong address, etc.), I would think that two months is extremely unusual, and I, personally, would think twice about ordering from a dealer that routinely takes two months to ship.

Hmmm... Some people are getting spoilt now... :brow: 2 months used to be normal, my friend. Remember, this is the Replica trade we're talking about. Patience is a virtue. Why dont't you just buy from the one of 'em in the cartel in that case? And I can't understand the part about competitive prices- Jay has always been competitive with his prices, in my 2-3 years of buying from him... ;)

As RT has already mentioned, Jay has been away for the past 2 weeks and did take his laptop with him, with the hope of not breaking contact with you guys while he was away. Unfortunately, the net connection at the chinese province he was at screwed up most of the time. This could very well be the reason why he mis-communicated with some members here. I'll place on record here and now to say that Jay will be able to resolve most issues within the next week or 2, given that he's back from his trip. ^_^

Sorry for the delay. I have been traveling a bit in the past month. Tried the best to catch up with my emails on the road. I have my workers back at home working on order, but it is not as efficient as me being at home with them, especially the communication. I appologize for that. I am back at home now. Please let me know if u have got ur order or not, please email me.

Sorry for the delay. I have been traveling a bit in the past month. Tried the best to catch up with my emails on the road. I have my workers back at home working on order, but it is not as efficient as me being at home with them, especially the communication. I appologize for that. I am back at home now. Please let me know if u have got ur order or not, please email me.

Lol... and to imagine I just posted this and emailed you dude!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Silix-- thanks for the response. I'm really not trying to be difficult or unreasonable about this. It's just that this has been a pretty frustrating transaction. And, given my positive experiences with you in the past, I wasn't expecting these types of problems from you. I'll let you--and the board--know when I receive the watches. Still not terribly happy about not being able to cancel, however.

Silix-- thanks for the response. I'm really not trying to be difficult or unreasonable about this. It's just that this has been a pretty frustrating transaction. And, given my positive experiences with you in the past, I wasn't expecting these types of problems from you. I'll let you--and the board--know when I receive the watches. Still not terribly happy about not being able to cancel, however.

To err...my friend, is only human... :black_eye:

How many times has Jay screwed up? :g:

• 2 weeks later...

Emailed for a heads up on 4/19 received a reply 4/20. Like I thought the sourced watch didn't pass QC.

I can only assume, (noobie Naivete), that as I am a new customer and have just place an order for 4 watches with another order for 2 or 3 more watches, and some straps that is on hold pending the outcome that he wants no complications.

This group tends to be repeat customers and delivering superior service keeps 'em coming back.

The moniker, "Your only as good as your last transaction" hold true here.

Before my first purchase I spoke with several dealers about how they handled QC and Silix had the best email response time and attention to detail before and after receiving my money.

I hope this will stay true for when I receive my watches.

I have a feeling it will.

I'm self employed and our motto is to always give them more than they expect, seems to work for the majority of people.

Regards to all,

Alex

I was going to put up a Bouncing Boobie Avatar but thought I'd try my luck at the difficult daylight lume shot. Looks like I'll be playing with that some more. Maybe crack the Canon out and a tripod.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like this thread is dead but I'll keep it going until I receive my complete order.

Emailed for another order follow up on 5/13 and received a response that evening, usually a sign of "on top of it" service.

My 4 watch order was seized by Chinese Customs. The special sourced Lady Omega is on back order.

I requested that the 3 men's watches in my order that were in stock and passed QC be shipped out.

If I am very happy with them, I'll add 2 or 3 watches with a new order and some straps/bands to the Lady Omega on back order.

Hopefully, Silix's supplier with have one ready soon as the first special sourcing for the Lady Omega MOP/Diamond took almost 1 month.

Have a EMS Tracking number. So we shall see...

Regards,

Alex