When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Will Be Missed on RWG...

beanyboy

Rock on Ry!

I reckon' I'll be saving some good coinage now that I can't impetuously jump on member trade offers. (C'mon...we all do it!).

They look so shiny and tempting when they are posted...and then I get 'em I think "what the hell did I get this for? How did I end up with a fiddy? I can't even wear a fiddy?"

One thing I can say...to date through a dozen or so member trades, I've never had a negative experience. Thank you RWG and fellow members!

sorry but i could not disagree more.

many of the closest friendships i have developed over the years on all the different forums i am on started with a sale. or negotiating a sale. or even a sale that didn't happen. i later introduced one friend that i met on a knife forum just that way to the woman who became his wife :D

I agree. The members I dealt with on the member board were honorable people who provided more than fair value. Not only that but I had the opportunity to develop relationships I might not have otherwise. Finally one thing about trading with members you know... you know you are getting what you paid for and you know the product works the way it is supposed to. Not to take anything away from the dealers but not all of them inspect the goods before they are drop shipped. When dealing with a member you know and trust QC becomes a non-issue.

:serenade:

That's the Yin and the Yang of it,

The Thing 'an the Thang of it,

But I just never could get the hang of it:

This Rep Love just ain't the real deal.

My movement's dead,

My dial's a LED,

And my dealer's gone missin'

With all my WU dough :bye1:

Does anyone know how I feel?

Can anyone tell me

If my Superlume is real?

Even my dog knows my Sub is a fake :wallbash:

Got bitten bad

By that rotten snake...

I'm telling you,

This Rep Love is too hard to take....

(Etc., La, la, la, and so on)

:band1:

I hope some of the board musicians take the "mod" challenge by putting these touching lyrics to guitar, drums, piano....eh harpsichord anyone?

I aggree with you that many of the modded versions are a bit expensive and that many sellers were asking for rather high prices. On the other I used to enjoy reading the adds more as a source of information and with nice pictures so I still miss the members trading section.

The dealers trading section I also liked. I am not looking for anything particular and will probably never buy another fake watch (have 2 unlabelled pam 111/177 and it is enough), but it is still interesting to see what is going on.

Anybody share my sentiment that the "Members" Trading Forum kind of sucked anyway? I won't miss it. All of those super-Palped, super-lumed, MBW'd, BigRedJoed watches always left me cold. Often people were asking $400 or $500 for some sooped-up Sub that didn't look any better than a Noobmariner. Now, of course, I admit to not being as much of rep snob as some of these folks, but c'mon. Talk about taking the fun out of something.

What will be missed is checking the "Dealers" section every morning while having my coffee to see what new watches were coming out. I remember fondly the day River unveiled the new seconds at six Daytonas, or when the good Bentley reps came out last spring...Then the evolution....

Ah, yes, I remember it well.....