When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to get 20mm Black Rubber Strap for 4th Gen PO

14060 or 16610?

You may want to send silix an email. He may have some available. I know he's got the 22mm for sale as a separate item, but, if I'm not mistaken, I think he offered the 20mm at one point as well. No idea where you could get these in US. Even if you were willing to spend the money for a real strap at an AD (which is over $200), I've heard that before selling you one, the AD will ask for the serial number on your PO. Which may be slightly problematic. May be able to find one on eBay.

The only rubber strat that will fit a 42mm 4th gen PO properly, is a genuine one. There is a rep 20mm rubber strap out there, but it only fits certain 42mm and 45mm models.

No idea where you'll find a bracelet, other than a member with a spare one. Again, a genuine would fit, but it's not cost effective.

What do you mean by "it only fits certain 42mm... models"? Are you saying there are different 42mm models out there with different dimensions? I thought as long as the strap had the rubber locating pins then it would fit just fine? My 42mm has the locating holes drilled into the case along with 2 sets of springbar holes (for both SS bracelet and rubber strap I presume).

The only rubber strat that will fit a 42mm 4th gen PO properly, is a genuine one. There is a rep 20mm rubber strap out there, but it only fits certain 42mm and 45mm models.

No idea where you'll find a bracelet, other than a member with a spare one. Again, a genuine would fit, but it's not cost effective.

Is that the 20mm Seamaster strap seen on most rep POs sold on rubber? (and sold individually by Joshua)? If so, that's not a Planet Ocean strap, and that's why it doesn't fit properly. I've got my 42 on one, but it's a far from perfect/satisfactory fit. It's tollerable, but definite room for improvement, so a 20mm rep PO strap would be most welcome...

What do you mean by "it only fits certain 42mm... models"? Are you saying there are different 42mm models out there with different dimensions? I thought as long as the strap had the rubber locating pins then it would fit just fine? My 42mm has the locating holes drilled into the case along with 2 sets of springbar holes (for both SS bracelet and rubber strap I presume).

My guess, is they mean the 20mm Seamaster strap. If yours has the 2nd set of springbar holes, you might be lucky and get one to fit.

hello

i buyed two pairs of rubber straps (balck and orange) i got them from ebay, but onfortunately they are 20mm and will not fit on my 45mm PO (it was my fault).

i dont know, if this straps will fit on yours...

233342-11761.jpg

233342-11762.jpg

hello

i buyed two pairs of rubber straps (balck and orange) i got them from ebay, but onfortunately they are 20mm and will not fit on my 45mm PO (it was my fault).

233344-11760.jpg

The black strap is the same as mine. It will not fit to a 42mm PO without either drilling extra lug holes, or somehow cutting a new hole through the strap for the bar to go through (probably 1-2mm closer to the notch holes)

The black strap is the same as mine. It will not fit to a 42mm PO without either drilling extra lug holes, or somehow cutting a new hole through the strap for the bar to go through (probably 1-2mm closer to the notch holes)

thank you teejay:

what does you think, will this straps fit on the seamaster reps without any mods (ha, ha...now i need to find the right watch for this straps)..!

thank you teejay:

what does you think, will this straps fit on the seamaster reps without any mods (ha, ha...now i need to find the right watch for this straps)..!

Do you think they would fit a Seamaster Pro Chrono?

To address both points, I had no problem fitting the strap to my Seamaster 2531.80 (there was a very minimal gape, but I suspect this was from bent spring pins, not the strap itself) I would expect the strap to fit on either the SMP or the SMP Chrono (assuming they are the same case) and I wouldn't be surprized if it fitted onto the SMP 2254.50. But, and this is a BIG but. The case will have to have the guide holes between the lugs for the locating pin to fit into. Without that hole (or as I found when I cut the pins off to test fit to my Planet Ocean) the strap will still 'free wheel' in the lugs of the SMP.

For what it's worth, these straps are extremely comfortable. I only wore mine for a few weeks, but in that time, I got so used to it, that the Planet Ocean's SS bracelet felt noticeable against the back of the hand, and I felt I'd rather live with the gaping issue so I could wear the rubber rather than 'putting up' with the SS bracelet...

Hope that's of help :)

I want to purchase one WITHOUT having to buy a whole watch. For that matter, I will take a SS bracelet. Any suggestions?

Just purchased from TWA (Thumbnail watch assoc.) 20mm lug size wthe Omega logo on buckle. Great looking strap. Did it thru RWI.

PM him and see if he has another. He ships from USA. Good luck.

Hwrd

Just purchased from TWA (Thumbnail watch assoc.) 20mm lug size wthe Omega logo on buckle. Great looking strap. Did it thru RWI.

PM him and see if he has another. He ships from USA. Good luck.

Hwrd

Is this the 20mm Planet Ocean strap with the off-round notch holes and 7mm buckle tongue, or the 20mm Seamaster strap with the rectangular notch holes and the 10mm buckle tongue?

hello

233391-11756.jpg

OK, so if I understand correctly, all those 42mm POs out there on black rubber are actually mounted on a rep SMP strap? That's close enough for me, as long as it fits.

Does the black strap have the guide pins in the ends like the orange one? I can't tell from your pics.

My guess, is they mean the 20mm Seamaster strap. If yours has the 2nd set of springbar holes, you might be lucky and get one to fit.

Forgive my barrage of questions - I am a PO newbie and am learning a lot here.

I now know the rep black straps are actually SMP straps and not correct PO straps. Did yours not fit properly due to the lack of a second set of springbar holes? Are you saying that, since my watch does have 2 sets of springbar holes, the black SMP strap may fit? Also, if the second set of holes allows the strap to be mounted closer to the watch head, is the guide pin still necessary, or will the end fit in snugly due to the extra set of springbar holes?

Not to confuse you any further, but if I'm not mistaken, it may depend on where you got your PO from. If you got it from Andrew or Josh, the only 20mm rubber strap that will fit perfectly is the gen. But the PO that Silix offers is actually from a different factory and may actually be able to handle a rep rubber strap. Not 100% sure, so be sure and ask silix.

Bet you had no idea how complicated this would be, huh?

Yes, I had no idea it would be this complicated. The watch was purchased on one of the other boards, I guess I just jumped too quick when I bought it. First I discovered the orange molded strap doesn't exist in real life, now I find that I may not be able to swap the strap to black due to the multiple variations out there. I have no idea which dealer it came from, as I bought it in the member trade area.

As I mentioned in another thread, I would even be happy with a good used SS bracelet as long as it doesn't have any clasp issues. I just can't bring myself to wear it with the fantasy orange strap!

OK, so if I understand correctly, all those 42mm POs out there on black rubber are actually mounted on a rep SMP strap?

Yes.

That's close enough for me, as long as it fits.

Likewise. However, to fit properly, either the watch or the strap MUST be modified. The strap and watch will not go together properly otherwise.

Does the black strap have the guide pins in the ends like the orange one? I can't tell from your pics.

Looking at the orange strap, it has the same code number and imprinting as the one on my wrist. I would hazard a guess that the manufacturer uses the same moulds, but simply uses a different rubber compound. Going on that assumption, I would strongly suspect that that black strap does have the guide pins. Mine did, but I cut them off to try and fit it to my Planet Ocean.

Forgive my barrage of questions - I am a PO newbie and am learning a lot here.

No problem at all, I'm more than happy to help. A lot of this information, I did not even know in december when my fiance ordered the Planet Ocean for me.

I now know the rep black straps are actually SMP straps and not correct PO straps.

Indeed, the two straps really are quite different when compared together. Ofrei.com is the best source of images which show the differences.

Did yours not fit properly due to the lack of a second set of springbar holes?

If you have a look at my 'Meet the Twins' thread, you can see how the rubber strap gapes away from the case. This should not happen. I can tollerate it (because I want to wear the black Planet Ocean on a rubber strap as I now find the SS Bracelet too 'noticeable' against my hand) but it is far from ideal, and if I can get hold of a proper 20mm PO strap (even if it does mean getting one from Ofrei.com) I'd get one as soon as I can.

Are you saying that, since my watch does have 2 sets of springbar holes, the black SMP strap may fit?

I would not like to say "Yes, it will definitely fit 100%", but, it is a very good chance that the SMP strap will fit better (even if not perfectly) on the set of holes closest to the case.

Also, if the second set of holes allows the strap to be mounted closer to the watch head, is the guide pin still necessary, or will the end fit in snugly due to the extra set of springbar holes?

That is a tough one. The guide pin is designed to prevent the strap from flexing away from the watch when it is worn. I have been told that the gen straps have solid inserts inside the end of the straps that prevent them flexing away, but, I have no personal experience of this, so I can only pass on what I have been told.

My SMP strap fitted well on my 2531.80, but, when I removed the guide pins, tried it on the Planet Ocean and saw the gape, I tried fitting it back to the 2531.80. The strap still went into place, but, it then rotated on the spring bars away from the case, so it actually gaped worse than on the Planet Oceans (I have absolutely no explanation for why this would be) so having rendered the strap useless on the 2531.80, it was a case of re-fitting it to the Planet Ocean.

If all you're looking for is a bracelet to replace your orange strap, you may want to try this place:

hxxp://stores.ebay.com/The-Bandstand-Express

NOTE-- you'll have to cut and paste the link-- I've intentionally replaced the http: with hxxp:

This place has got some pretty good deals on some cheaper straps and bracelets. Obviously not brand specific, but it may get you what you want. They carry a SS Michele bracelet that looks pretty similar to the one on the Omega SMP.

Ouch - so it sounds like you may have ruined your strap by cutting those guide pins! Too bad...

Pretty much :D As you can see from the photos, it's tollerable, and something only a watch enthusiast would realize was incorrect, so I can live with it till I can get a proper Planet Ocean strap for it :)

Hey TeeJay, would you be willing to part with your SS bracelet?

Well, my original SS bracelet is now on my orange Planet Ocean (as that was already sized to my wrist, and I'll be wearing the orange PO once I fit a black bezel insert) The second SS bracelet (that it was originally on), was already sized for a smaller wrist than mine, did not come with the extra links, and I can't seem to find the ones that were taken from mine, so it wouldn't be fair to send it incomplete, and most likely unwearable, and I was going to hang onto it for spare parts, should the other bracelet ever get seriously damaged... If you have a look on eBay or cqout, you might be able to find an individual SS bracelet for sale.

Also, if you look at the website for Alpha Watches, they sell a strap which is cosmetically identical to the bracelet of an SMP 2254.50, but without any branding marks. I would not like to guarantee it's fit on a Planet Ocean, but it might be worth considering...