When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Photos of Santos 100 Chronograph, Swiss

Well here is a photo of my Swiss Santos 100 chrono. Added OEM honey brown strap w contrast stitching. See the previous post for comparisons to gen. It is far and away the most accurate rep I have owned, possibly seen- esp now that the dial color is spot on.

Enjoy...

-O

Your dial looks alot 'whiter' than my dial.

Here's a pic of mine to compare.

233825-11659.jpg

Does yours look different to my pic in person, or does it still have the beige colour to it?

Thanks!

My dial's color is right on the money. Went to AD to pick up the band and did a real good look. My dial is white with an ever so slight silver tinge to it.

The other difference I see is the screw heads- It appears yours are flat, the gen has rounded screw heads on the bezel- this should be a relatively easy fix though.

Was your band screwed onto the case or was it placed with push pins disguised as screws?? Mine had the pins, and I spent a good half an hour trying to unscrew 'em before Andrew emailed me back that they were pushed in.

This is an incredibly accurate rep- if I had bought a gen, I would be mighty ticked if I saw this.

-O

As much as it pains me to say it- $300.00

Yesterday, I wandered into B, B, & B with it on my wrist. I approached a high school kid working there as a weekend job, and then asked to look at the santos 100 chronograph in two tone in an effort to do a sids by side comparison.

1) Size, weight, case- startlingly correct.

2) Dial color correct, and dial printing is for all intents and purposes, perfect.

3) Date font is only slightly, and I mean SLIGHTLY different.

4) Cabochon is darker than on previous reps, but still a shade lighter than gen.

5) Clasp is identical- except for slightly larger gap between the ends when it is closed.

6) Rotor in the gen makes the same sound as rep.

7) No AR on rep, and distortion from sharp angles is slightly worse on the rep.

8) Slight difference in the edge of the crown as described previously.

I cannot stress strongly enough how good this rep actually is. Side by side with the gen really underscored this fact. I would also like to stress that I practiced good descretion in the AD.

-O

Edited by new & improved osteopath

Very nice, indeed! I'd seriously consider getting one, but on principle I have difficulty spending over $700.00 on a Rep.

I really like the beautiful OEM strap! Mind if I ask if there was anything wrong with the Rep strap provided?

Also, when you replaced the strap, were you able to use screws or did you use the push pins?

Again, a beautiful watch, rep or gen!

Very nice, indeed! I'd seriously consider getting one, but on principle I have difficulty spending over $700.00 on a Rep.

I really like the beautiful OEM strap! Mind if I ask if there was anything wrong with the Rep strap provided?

Also, when you replaced the strap, were you able to use screws or did you use the push pins?

Again, a beautiful watch, rep or gen!

Strap that came with it, while better than most rep straps, still kind of sucks- too thin.

The strap was attachd with a pressure fit push pins with ends milled to look like screws. The other end of the watch case is threaded, so I wonder if OEM screws might fit. No way to get them though- I tried. WHile I was able to finagle the strap, they would probably want the watch to get me screws (honestly, why would I want them?)

-O

Thanks! That's the first decent wrist shot of the 100 I've seen. Have to say, it looks wonderful. Is there a pusher button on the left to change the date on the 7753?

Yes.

• 4 weeks later...

is that the 7750 or the 7753? I say so cause someone replied saying that they wouldn't buy a 700 dollars replica, but the 7750 is around the 200's and the 7753 is around 700 dollars. Would you post the direct link for this watch for Andrew and Joshua?