When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rob, great post, as usual, short question if you don't mind me asking; what did you do to make the center seconds hand fit.?

Would love to know, I've had some great "fun" upgrading my Carrera, it all worked out well in the end but it was more luck than watchmaking skills.. and I'm planning on upgrading all my Asian chrono's..

TIA

I think that request falls into the "secret sauce" category. :lol: More importantly it varies by watch and hand hole size differential. The "new Asian 7750 28800bph" is not one movement. It is made by at least three different factories so it will depend on the watch and who made the movement. ;)

I am with you on the upgrade concept. When I heard from Ziggy that any 7750 can be upgraded I picked up a dozen 7750's for a good price and over time will have Ziggy selectively upgrade my dozen or so favorite watches.

The ETA 7750 series are all the same sized hands, 0.25mm for center seconds, 0.18mm for subdials...older or newer models.

Yes, it's sort of a secret sauce for the installation of the hands from any newer Asian 7750's that have all 0.20mm hand sizes. I have a couple of things I do to get them to fit, nothing affects the future disassembly or servicing of the watch, I have yet to run accross any Asian 7750 powered watch that I could not replace with an ETA.

A HBB should be on the way to me sometime in the next couple of weeks, and then I can put to rest the "rumours" of this one being non-upgradable...I'll believe it when I try it.

RG

What are the price for this service Ziggy ?

Also do you source the swiss 7750 or do you want the customer to send it along with the watch ?

Finally ,done any Tag link chronos ?

Price depends on the amount of work needed, if you have a old Asian 7750, with the 12-9-6 subdials, it's a easy swap, and takes about an hour ($50), if you have a new Asian 7750 12-9-6 then it's about a 2 hour job, if you have a Asian 7753 3-6-9 subdials, then it's a full service for both movements to move all the parts around, full service on A7750 is $200...

I don't source the ETA 7750, Ebay has many, and Kruzer00 posted a link to a seller who has the older model, which is very well priced.

I can't remember if I did a TAG link chronos...after a while, they all look the same...

RG

I can answer that one. You source your own movements. You can find them on the bay or with typical suppliers. I now buy fewer reps and then upgrade those reps which I think are keepers after I have received the watch. Cost of the movements is from $150 to $250. Ziggy will tell you what he charges for the movement swap. I would also add that I even do it on reps that come with a Swiss version. It tends to be substantially less costly, you know that the movement is in good shape, a watch at that price mostl likely deserves a relume and the watch is properly sealed and serviced by a trusted watchsmith rather than some bored person in a factory. :)