When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Recognition

Xac

Recognizing: 2 in about 500 days I'm wearing PAMs (0.4%).

Saying 'nice watch!': 5-10%.

How often do people comment on your Panerai? How many people recognize what it is?

While sitting at a bar one day a guy I know turned to me and said, "Whazzat thing?" Considering the question I told him it was just a big shiny watch and it had big numbers so my eyes could read what time it was. He said, "Oh, nice."

post-4958-1176744591_thumb.jpg

One man that I met by accident in a supermarket, a guy that used to work at the same place as me, recognised my 147 as a Panerai. But he is Italian.

Other than that, I have never had a comment from anyone. And I have fourteen Panerai reps.

Watches are a personal pleasure.

Oh - my boss comments from time to time. He likes waches (gens) and it pisses him off that I can buy such beautiful watches at such bargain prices. But he cannot resist looking to see what I am wearing today. :lol:

a guy that used to work at the same place as me, recognised my 147 as a Panerai. But he is Italian.

Obviously. :D

I work in an International Organisation in Canary Wharf and get lots of compliments everytime I wear a PAM. The men of my own age (!!) from Italy, Hungary and The Czech Republic always know what it is, the others (From all over the World) just like it as it's BIG and different!

Panerai aren't big in the UK yet.

Rob

I think the most comments I get are curiousity driven: "Is that a Panerai?" since it is now a known brand but doesn't show up on people's wrist as often as other watches, like Rolex, Omega, etc. So anything out of the ordinary will garner a comment. My reply is enthusiastic motor-mouth spilling out of Pannie WISdom about the watch, which then tends to get the "That's more than I wanted to know" look from the hapless victim.

The people in my direct office recognise them as Panerai's now but that's only because I've told them. I've had a few 'nice watch' comments and a girl in our sales office always wants to know what I'm wearing but nobody who I didn't know has recognised them as a Pam.

A Polish security guard at one of our sites said "big watch" a few weeks ago.

As said, they're still not big in the UK at all.

Funnily enough i have had my PAM recognized more over here in London then in New York. I was in one of University of London's Coleges holding standby tutorials for a mate of mine last year and two of the students surprizingly asked me if i was wearing a PAM and one of them asked me if i bought off a Moroccan vendor in Spain- then again these are the type of kids that vacation in St. Tropez and Monaco for Easter break. My girlfriend's step dad noticed immediatly when my GF wore it for her brother's birthday ( She tends to wear my 183 more then i do these days) and she apparently always gets complimented on it - then again pams on skinny girls tend to be very noticeable. For the most part i just get the 'that is a big watch' comment.

Edited by rag9fx

Well, I just posted my "no recognition" statement few hours ago and it just happened the same day:

Short story, went to a mall in Skokie IL, brought my old russian CRABA to replace the batery (maybe after at least 5 years) and the store manager regognized the watch as a PAM, turns out that she used to work for one Chicago AD, selling PAMs.

Amazing , it was my first time and I have to accept, I felt nervous. her words where:

"ohhhhhh youare wearing a PANERAI! :thumbsupsmileyanim: