When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 029/063 - 2893 no longer being produced

On the 2893 and dealers, they should all be the same. As I recall, the 2893's came out of the same factory. The very first batch of GMT's with ribbed dial had hand clearance issues. For whatever reason, the Power Reserves have remained more expensive than the GMT's. On the PR's, plain black dial goes with SS finish. Hobnail dial belongs with PVD case. :)

On the 2893 and dealers, they should all be the same. As I recall, the 2893's came out of the same factory. The very first batch of GMT's with ribbed dial had hand clearance issues. For whatever reason, the Power Reserves have remained more expensive than the GMT's. On the PR's, plain black dial goes with SS finish. Hobnail dial belongs with PVD case. :)

The 027 and 028 reps look better than the genuine watches :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The genuine has Panerai Automatic across the centre of the dial, while the rep has Panerai at the top, and automatic under the power reserve, as well as the colours of the numbers of the reserve dial.

I'm going to have to find out how the PVD is on reps... from what I understand it's not true PVD.

The hobnail dial is nice :rolleyes:

Edited by Chronus

Chronus,

kruzer00 and I are actually quite experienced about PVD and PR.

The genuine you refer to, probably never existed. Cfr: http://www.paneristi.com/reference/vendome/powerres.html

The 2893 is probably the best movement one can get (The Zigmeister said :D). And, to me, it gives its best on PR.

Both kruzer00 and I got our 028a models, and I can testimony that it is really great. We both are waiting for real PVD treatment by palpatine. With real PVD, a new crown, a new sapphire cyclops (incoming), AR treatment, and relume (that finepics already magistrally performed on my watch), I think it is going to be undistinguishable from the gen (you figure, it even has an egraved rotor under a non-see-trough caseback!).

027a is the same, and you don't even have to bother with a PVD coating.

But sure, that hobnail dial on the 028 is a completely different thing... :D

About 'PVD' on replicas. Noone knows for sure what it actually is. I think it is black-oxide. Someone argued it is anodyzed, but I feel it unlikely as it would imply that the case is made of aluminium and I don't think so.

This 'rep' PVD is darker and shinier than the real thing. Anyway, it makes the case more scratch-resistant, even if to a lesser extent than real PVD.

Chronus,

kruzer00 and I are actually quite experienced about PVD and PR.

The genuine you refer to, probably never existed. Cfr: http://www.paneristi.com/reference/vendome/powerres.html

The 2893 is probably the best movement one can get (The Zigmeister said :D). And, to me, it gives its best on PR.

Both kruzer00 and I got our 028a models, and I can testimony that it is really great. We both are waiting for real PVD treatment by palpatine. With real PVD, a new crown, a new sapphire cyclops (incoming), AR treatment, and relume (that finepics already magistrally performed on my watch), I think it is going to be undistinguishable from the gen (you figure, it even has an egraved rotor under a non-see-trough caseback!).

027a is the same, and you don't even have to bother with a PVD coating.

But sure, that hobnail dial on the 028 is a completely different thing... :D

About 'PVD' on replicas. Noone knows for sure what it actually is. I think it is black-oxide. Someone argued it is anodyzed, but I feel it unlikely as it would imply that the case is made of aluminium and I don't think so.

This 'rep' PVD is darker and shinier than the real thing. Anyway, it makes the case more scratch-resistant, even if to a lesser extent than real PVD.

I'll need some more info on this one... looks good though! how much is it to get it PVD'd?

I'll be back later tonight after playing 5-a-side soccer. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I saw jos' pictures and the engraved rotor has a spelling mistake - Officine is spelled wrongly.

Who did you get yours from?

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered the last 63 from EL :p and am looking to get some things fixed ASAP because this will be my daily queen.

Questions..

1. Is the crystal interchangeable with other PAM models?

2. If it is, then where can I get a proper AR sapphire crystal?

3. Also Where can I get a good cyclops for it?

4. Are the GMT numbers lumed? If they are, theyalong with the stips on the arms may be a very difficult relume even for the zig master

Edited by the barst