When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 029/063 - 2893 no longer being produced

Some one posted in my gmt thread search, that the 2893 GMT's are no longer

being produced.

I inquired with both Jay of Silix and Eddie, ..... both say that it's true...

This prompted me to sell some of my newly acquired pieces in order to obtain one...

which I now have in transit.. :D

I had been contemplating this watch for a while, but thought I had to act quick,

and I'm glad I did.

I also hear that some people are buying but not wearing, for the prospect of

reselling these limited edition gems in future ....with, get this,

a profit next time around..No more taking a loss to get sale..

There is only a few remaining... just thought I'd inform some you that may be sitting

on the fence, that your time to obtain a new one, may be running out.

Also in regards to the used market,.. has anyone seen any up for sale ?

I have seen only one 029, but not the 063,..

These watches must be one of the few grail pieces, like the 7753 powered models..

but, now also............. rare and limited... ;)

I think I was the one that said in your thread (and others) that the factory has stopped making them. This information came to me via silix when I wanted to buy one through the group buy. I went and bought both straight away from Eddie, and they are good watches. Maybe I should buy some more to re-sell later :thumbsupsmileyanim: too bad funds are low and there are so many watches I want! :thumbdown:

Will you be getting one of these (or both) ?

:whistling:

Well thank Chronus, for that tip.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's the 063 for me,.. I had 029, though not a 2893 and sold it,.. I prefer the

busy face over the tux dial....and me too with Eddie,.. he's got one of the remaining batch..

Maybe you are right, if we can, we should snag the remaining few.. :p

I looked long and hard at buying one of these, and finally pulled the trigger.

Mine is also in transit, I bougt t from Eddie Lee also.

With all this talk, I am considering getting another one, just to store away.

I am a GMT style watch fanatic, always have been.

I like the fact that the version I bought was a Swiss ETA 2893 the original movement for the 063, with engraved rotor, nice touch, and definitely worth the price.

Well thank Chronus, for that tip.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's the 063 for me,.. I had 029, though not a 2893 and sold it,.. I prefer the

busy face over the tux dial....and me too with Eddie,.. he's got one of the remaining batch..

Maybe you are right, if we can, we should snag the remaining few.. :p

hey guys?

i have a 029 with asian mvt...so my question is...could i buy just the 2893 mvt and put it inside?

Probably not as the hand sizes would more than likely be different and the 2893 is an expensive movement anyhow, then you have to find someone to fit it. Your best bet if you want a 2893 version is to sell your one then buy the 2893 version before they apparently go!

I got a 063 2893 from EL when they first came out and have not regretted it for a second, its one I wont be selling that's for sure.

IMHO, in spite of its production ending I would be surprised to see anyone making a big profit on the watch on a seconday sale. After all, most gens under $20,000 decline in value quite a bit the minute they are no longer new. I think it has more to do with who is producing. I have heard that there are basically two main factories for higher end PAM's with CNC capability and they actually coordinate so that they are not in direct competition. That is why the 7753 based 196 is still produced but at a different factory and with very different specs (read more cost efficient). The second factory fixed the dials but cheaped out on everything else. I do agree that the automatic ETA's will become rarer but I am not planning on making a lot of money on them.

The other interesting thing I noticed was that on the 2893 GMT's and the 187, Watchonpo was the party that initiated production of those items. Watchonpo was selling the 2893's 3 months before anyone else was. Same is true on the 187. Although some of us are drooling over the 187 now, its first run of 100 pieces was 2-3 months ago. We just didn't see any. I am wondering if any other dealers or wholesalers are large enough or have a large enough "wealthy" client base outside of Japan to do the same thing. We do already see some of our dealers getting the factories to tweak some of their existing models (AR coat, crystal, etc.). :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My interest does always arise whenever I see an ETA based (if possible) individually numbered edition. :) Then again, I also could have bought a gen or two this year. :lol:

I woke up with a craving for a 44mm automatic Panerai, and this was one of them. But I am just disappointed that the function is not like the genuine, where there are the "hour clicks" for real GMT adjustment. It just seems wasteful to employ a 2893 if they didn't use it to its full advantage.

It could become a collector item like the DW Daytonas and 2892 SMP's, but come on, we're talking about reps here. Not investments exactly. Same for genuines.

I woke up with a craving for a 44mm automatic Panerai, and this was one of them. But I am just disappointed that the function is not like the genuine, where there are the "hour clicks" for real GMT adjustment. It just seems wasteful to employ a 2893 if they didn't use it to its full advantage.

It could become a collector item like the DW Daytonas and 2892 SMP's, but come on, we're talking about reps here. Not investments exactly. Same for genuines.

My 2893 PAM 029 has the clicks for each hour interval on the GMT hand, just like the gen.

Mods needed for the 063 and 029 would be superlume, AR coat, datewheel, cyclops, and crown... in the end it will be an expensive rep, but well worth it IMO... But surely not as an investment <_<

Wow.

Any similar news on 2893 in 027 and 028?

Mods needed for the 063 and 029 would be superlume, AR coat, datewheel, cyclops, and crown... in the end it will be an expensive rep, but well worth it IMO... But surely not as an investment <_<

Some (good) news likely coming soon about it... :D

I was lucky enough to pick up both 029 and 063 from EL. They are my favorites with the ETA 196 that The Zigmeister built me close behind(Maybe the 127 too). With that said they both need some work.

Cyclops- really weak (two on order)

Crown- same old skinny crap (waiting to order two)

Date Wheel- Not great but does bother me as much as the cyclops

Lume- Well you already know.

Crown Guard- I have two Jimmy Fu crown guards waiting to put on.

The net is these are going to be very expensive reps when they are done. I will enjoy building them but I doubt they will ever make me money.

Cheers,

CM

PS- They both "click" the GMT hand.

I can confirm that both of mine (029 and 063) have the GMT functionality of the ETA 2893-2 used - that is, the GMT hand jumps from hour to hour when independently adjusted.

Remember this GMT function is not the same as a Ralex GMT Master or Omega Seamaster GMT where the hour hand is independently adjustable. The PAMs are not as useful for a GMT function as the Omega or Ralex, but great watches nonetheless.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

admin-

I think you are confusing 2836 GMT with 2893. 2893 GMT's and Power Reserves have original movement aand all the functions as well. My GMT's will get new cyclops and hopefully a datewheel when they are produced. Now if I can only find out what is going on with the case on my Power Reserve (with Palp for PVD treatment), I would be all set. :)

thomasng - the genuine PAM029 and PAM063 also use the ETA 2893-2 movement. You get the same movement in the rep as the genuine watch, but obviously costs more than the modified ETA 2836-2 versions. But you being someone who can afford a genuine Freak watch, that should be no problem. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

2893 GMT's and Power Reserves have original movement aand all the functions as well.

Which PAM reps have working Power Reserves with the ETA 2893-2 movement? And which dealers have these? I'd be interested in seeing one like this. :yeah:

Which PAM reps have working Power Reserves with the ETA 2893-2 movement? And which dealers have these? I'd be interested in seeing one like this. :yeah:

27a and 28a.

Joshua and Aspire, as far as I know.

Now if I can only find out what is going on with the case on my Power Reserve (with Palp for PVD treatment), I would be all set. :)

Oh, my fellow and brother-in-waiting! :(

27a and 28a.

Joshua and Aspire, as far as I know.

Thanks, I was just looking at jos' versions. Any idea on how accurate they are? Initial impressions are the 028 has a different dial and probably the one I'd be more interested in.

Looked at the genuines at

http://www.lacotedesmontres.com/Galerie-No_4092.htm

and the obvious difference seems to be the power reserve metre. The 028 is PVD, so I may go for the non-PVD and get real PVD done. :thumbsupsmileyanim: