When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carrera Chrono Date wheel

aeroflott

I've picked up an ETA Valjoux 7750 datewheel that I'd like to put in my Carrera Chrono rep to improve on the one in there - any tips on doing this?

I've never played around with my watch movements before, but am keen to have a bash. I'm not that cack handed, but is this something I can realistically do myself, or would the advice be to get a professional to do it?

Cheers

Aero

I know the date wheel will fit, and removing the movement with dial from the case does not prove to be that difficult, but taking off the hands etc..... IS tricky and you need the right tools and environment to do it.

I would advise you get it done for you by an expert, it should not cost that much....

Cheers :D

http://watchpart.co.uk/date-ring-oclock-wi...7750-p-943.html

Picture they have on their site is wrong, but you do get the right part :whistling:

bye,

That's right, I ordered from these guys, the customer service was very helpful via skype, and the datewheel is for a 7750 although the one pictured if for a 7753?(could be wrong about that). Their delivery to central europe was very quick also

Well I can't find anyone willing to fit it - asked several watch repair guys if they were prepared to work on a rep and they all said "no". Not for moral reasons, but they felt it was more trouble than it was worth. One said he did some work on a rep last year, and it wouldn't fit back together properly and stopped working etc, etc, and he had all sorts of hassle from the customer.

I'll keep looking.