When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Western Union fees gone up

bklm1234

they smell business here so they put up their fees

damn bastards. Once I was about to sen 70Ł (yes, that little) to UK bay seller for a snoooker cue. WU told me they want 15Ł on fees. That was crazy.

I would rather shoot myself in my forehead than pay by WU.

I've sent as much as $500 for $14 from California (to China) in February. The dealer takes MoneyBooker too but it allows less than $350 upload per 60 days with credit cards (not enough to pay for the watch) and bank transfer requires a wiring fee (at least initial verification?) which is around $45 at my bank, I think.

- Bert

Edited by bklm1234

It limits me a bit on the dealers I can use, but i've stopped using WU because of the fees, and also the fact that my bank will not allow me to use them online because of possible credit card fraud issues.

It limits me a bit on the dealers I can use, but i've stopped using WU because of the fees, and also the fact that my bank will not allow me to use them online because of possible credit card fraud issues.

Same here. In addition to the high fees, the limit on the amount you can send per month is quite low (at least here in Norway). Futhermore I don't like to be interviewed like a criminal :whistling: for each transaction before they can 'approve' it.

But what really [censored] me off was that some accounting dept. in Switzerland wants a copy of my passport in order to be authorized to do more transactions via WU :black_eye: (due to new legislation I was told).

I used WU to buy my first rep, from a scam site. The watch costed 120 USD, and I ended up by paying about 35$ more to WU.

That came from WU direct fees, plus currency exchanges -- that WU applied quite liberally (to their own benefit).

I would rather quit buying items on the net (or elsewhere) than pay by WU.

Every dealer should take credit cards. and use rechargeable cards or those one time card numbers from your banks..Like those posts that were around a few weeks ago. In my opinion there is no safer, cheaper way to pay for any item anywere around the world.