When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

jewelryandwatch.com....who are they?

watcher

That would make sense as I have been in contact with him through Ebay. He has a 72-700 crown tube though that is near impossible to get and I've got the crown to fit so I'm tempted.

His SD's do not look like MBW's though. They are expensive but look far superior to me.

• 3 months later...

Hmmm, it looks like building a vintage Rolex from scratch is much more expensiver than getting a gen on the second hand market.

I will remain faithfull to this hobby rules: get a good rep in a not to bad case (Mbw/TWbest), buy some obvious genuine parts (crystal/crown), have one of our artists paint or vintage the dial...

Man, getting a piece of carton "officialy certified original whatever Rolex number part it is" for hundreds of dollars is insane when you know that Rolex does throw this in their trash to replace them with modern parts...

My opinion only of course.

But I love the two ones I have so far: 1665 GW & 1680 Red, both with a lot of genuine parts and boths modded by artists.

At the end of the day, today (26/07/2007) I really get more fun the way I learned to do things on this great forum.

I may change my mind if I ever have the budget to get a fully genuine 1665 GW.

But I will never be sure it's 100% genuine and original as Rolex Service Center might have changed the second hand for a brand new one or some RWG artist vintage the dial...

As a conclusion to this comment: my GreatWhite is already very expensive and I love it because it looks great, feels great, has been modded by an artist.

I could want to upgrade it and buy a genuine dial (500$ ?) and a genuine correct bracelet (700$) plus a genuine correct case back (might be even more than the bracelet)...

With all these additional parts, plus a genuine mvt of course, where am I going to end ?

5.000$ at least.

This is not the game we're in, is it ?

Cheers

Stephane