When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think,can i do with this?

Tribal

You can use rubber cement to attach the DW as it will create a thickness that will raise it up just enough. Use a toothpick and apply a thick bead to both parts, and let them dry. Then press them together and press FIRMLY and the parts will stick, no problem. The best part is that if you goof up you can just remove the parts, rub the cement off with your finger, and reapply. You can do this as many times as it takes to get it right.

My first step would be to improve the printing dramatically. A couple days and I'll be able to give you an example of what printing on metal should look like....

On Edit--these individual pieces vary dramatically due to wear and tear and the process used to print them---this one looks like about a 6. IMO that's why an overlay is the way to go. Finishing the metal was the hardest part...

Good basis for a project... But very frustrating all the same, as getting everything to line up correctly can be a nightmare...

243069-9213.jpg

243069-9214.jpg

243069-9215.jpg

Hopefully you have better luck, Tribal!

Thanks for posting those pics, ubi--you can see the variation in the printing between the three examples posted in this thread. I'm fairly certain it would be possible to erase and reprint existing metal DW's for folks who need the numbers going in the "OEM" direction. If anone wants suggestions about how to prepare artwork and/or what kind of shop to contact about possible ways to improve the printing on their particular DW I might be able to help. Feel free to PM.