When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Ingenieur

Guest TTK

I picked this up on a trip to BKK a couple of weeks ago.....at a very good price.......not sure if the shop has any more.....this is the first opporchancity I've had to photograph it.....what dya think.....it's the usual suspect...AMG Ingenieur....!

MAKE : IWC

MODEL : AMG Ingenieur

MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA 2824-2 Automatic with internal Anti-magnetic shield and retainer.

DIAMETER: 42.10mm

CASE DEPTH: 13.98mm

CONSTRUCTION : Unibloc

DIAL : Black AMG dial / red second hand

CASE MATERIAL: 316L Stainless Steel

BRACELET: Woven Nylon and Leather Strap

FRONT GLASS: Genuine Sapphire

CASE BACK : Solid with fully detailed engraving

BEZEL: Fixed

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Standard IWC buckle

DATE INDICATION : At 3:00 position

WATER RESISTANT : YES

237976-10660.jpg

237976-10661.jpg

237976-10662.jpg

237976-10663.jpg

237976-10664.jpg

237976-10665.jpg

237976-10666.jpg

Edited by TwoTone

Yes, I like it. I have it in Titainium. I did not buy this last year when they were floating around a lot but always thought that there was something about the understated simplicity. Then I got one recently from a member and the size, fit and finish were more than I expected. I wore it all last week. I like IWC a lot.

And, as always - great shots. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Usil

What I actually like about is it's simplicity.....understated.....but looks every inch the model of efficiency......worn casually or under a shirt sleeve......not too thick...not overized.....just right.....:D

@Max.....it was a very good price......$255.00 which included everything......a QC check....the guy even pressure tested it for me......and he was fast at getting me it.....:D

Edited by TTK

Nice, TTK. One thing I like about the original Ingenieur is the textured dial vs. the smooth dial on this one. However, I do like the additional 2, 4, 8, 10 numerals on this dial as opposed to the stick markers on the original, and the red seconds hand is quite nice also. A very versatile piece indeed, especially with the nylon band. Not one I see floating around the rep boards with much frequency (a plus IMO).

Got you beat TTK. I paid 195 USD for my IWC Ing. AMG from a member with bracelet and strap. I like the red second hand combination with the rest of the dial and hands. I agree about not to heavy or thick. Big enough but not oversized. Good design and engineering in this model.

There have been lots of good deals from members lately. Just paid 30 USD for a Pam Black Seal that runs well. I like these deals because I can dissasemble, clean up, polish and re-band and not have paid a lot for the final project. Maybe practice re-luming.

Got a Breitling Bentley for about 1/2 price from a member too. Perfect condition.

Usil

Got you beat TTK. I paid 195 USD for my IWC Ing. AMG from a member with bracelet and strap. I like the red second hand combination with the rest of the dial and hands. I agree about not to heavy or thick. Big enough but not oversized. Good design and engineering in this model.

There have been lots of good deals from members lately. Just paid 30 USD for a Pam Black Seal that runs well. I like these deals because I can dissasemble, clean up, polish and re-band and not have paid a lot for the final project. Maybe practice re-luming.

Got a Breitling Bentley for about 1/2 price from a member too. Perfect condition.

Usil

I should look for you when I decide to unload my watches next time... :p