When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD coating services - Anywhere on our planet?

Tom

Ok,

I have seached the forum before you ask and not come up with much. Finepics is a bit busy at the moment and I've found a couple of industrial companies that are willing to coat one watch case and back for.....

I've spoken to Rbj and unfortunately he said he won't do it as he is fed up with being slated in this forum, so won't do it anymore for people on this forum.

I don't know the politics and frankly I don't care - I just want a PVD Radiomir.

I've got a couple of contacts now, so thanks for all the help

I've spoken to Rbj and unfortunately he said he won't do it as he is fed up with being slated in this forum, so won't do it anymore for people on this forum.

well so much for my idea of writing a review and helping out the forum re: another pvd coating option.

@chieftang, definitely keep us updated re: potential pvd coating options...

I will be offering a run or two for micro-bead blasting and PVD coating (TiAlN) depending on the interest.

I have already contacted a company I have worked with previously for pricing and schedule. They should be back to me soon.

They do an excellent job from my experience.

As soon as I get the pricing and other info together, I will start a thread to guage interest. If we can get 10 or more watches together for a run, I think it will be worth it. Right now, I would think the price could be around 180-200 depending.

The main issue for some will be that the watches will have to be disassembled and ready for coating before sending them to me. I have not the time or skills to do that part myself, and with reps, there are too many things that can go wrong that I wouldn't want to be responsible for.

I will be offering a run or two for micro-bead blasting and PVD coating (TiAlN) depending on the interest.

I have already contacted a company I have worked with previously for pricing and schedule. They should be back to me soon.

They do an excellent job from my experience.

As soon as I get the pricing and other info together, I will start a thread to guage interest. If we can get 10 or more watches together for a run, I think it will be worth it. Right now, I would think the price could be around 180-200 depending.

The main issue for some will be that the watches will have to be disassembled and ready for coating before sending them to me. I have not the time or skills to do that part myself, and with reps, there are too many things that can go wrong that I wouldn't want to be responsible for.

swdavid, great news! I don't want to rain on this at all, but I've talked today to a TiAlN coater and that 180-200 price range is orders of magnitude higher than what I've been quoted. Now, the place I've talked with won't do the bead blasting and this is a big issue as it relates to the sheen of the finished product. But I can't imagine the bead blasting itself is responsible for the tremendous price difference. Perhaps we should talk offline. PM me if you'd like.

It would be nice to have some beadblast/PVD options here in the CONUS. At least, some options via our itty bitty forum here.

I, too, am goin' crazy at the thought of PVD items. I have had some PVD work done on 2 watches, but man ohhh man it took many many months to get the parts done. And they weren't even blasted prior to PVD.