When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch to buy? Help....

the collector

Guys, i wanted to buy a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore, but realised quickly by the help of good RWG members that the reps are not good. So now i need to find another watch to buy... the problem is that i do not know which one.... all i know is that is has to be a A+ class rep... Please guys advice me.

(PS No Breitling, Omega or Franck Muller)

BTW if you have a nice watch you want to sell, please PM me...

Edited by the collector

i recommend MBW AP Royal Oaks or Hublot Ceramic

Both are nicely build

i agre with that...

it depends how much you are willing to spend...if you want something different go with the new Chopard GT MM...or wait for a week and get the new IWC that is going to be released..

I'm a noob, but from what I've read and seen...

1 Santos 100 Chrono XL with 7753

2 The PAM250 7753

3 PAM 111H or 212

4 Concur with Pugwash--Steelfish is awesome

5 IWC 3717 is pretty nice on a leather strap

6 The Scuderia is VERY accurate but unless you drive a Ferrari...

I fully agree with you about the Scuderia, it is a very nice watch, but i guess you have to drive a ferrari to wear it...

Caveat: I'm a relative noob. I'd say ONLY go with hand winds if you're going to have 1 watch. The 063 is a modified ETA, and I don't care for the lack of AR. My favorites are the 177H and 111H. Dependable movements, solid feel. You can get modded versions that address canon pin and L Swiss L placement, fonts, lume etc. They go with a wide range of bracelets--especially the 111. You can wear it with a SS polished/brushed bracelet, SS brushed bracelet, rubber or leather strap. With each strap it feels like a different watch. The sandwich dial is really quite neat, giving the watch face an unusual character. They can be passed off as sporty, casual and even business. The 177H is more sporty and has fewer strap options, so I'd point you towards a 111H.

Only downside is no date. Still, these classics are my favorites. My own opinion, of course.