When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first PAM - 111h

fakie360

hey guys

just wanted to post some thoughts on my first PAM i got recently. This is an asian 111h from silix. i have been reading this forum for a little while now. never thought of myself as a PAM guy but like most of you , I have grown to love them. I am still a newb so im not exactly sure about all the exact flaws that come with PAMS. truthfully, if shown pixs of a 100 dollar PAM and a davidson, I probably wouldnt know the difference half of the time. That being said, here are some of my observations.

- The watch is light! i own a bentley on a leather strap and a 44.5mm PO. i understand that these are big heavy watches but the PAM feels almost cheap on my wrist. I understand the watch is on a cheap rep strap but do all PAMs feel light?

- Besides the lightness, the actual watch looks pretty solid (when strap is taken off) everything seems to be build great.

- MOST impressive thing abou the watch is the AR. it more than makes up for the lightness. This watch glows blue way more than my UPO? For around 100 bucks??? its simply amazing.

- Lume is decent when charged but fades away in minutes. I guess i might step up to a davidson or something because im starting to lust after the lume. hahhaha

- i distressed the strap witrh bleech and scuffed it up with a comb. let me know what you think.

- overall, great watch for the value ! i think im sprung now. bitten with the PAM bug and starting my quest for the perfect PAM.

Here are the pixs. i really didnt know what i was doing but i think they turned out pretty nice.

239225-10447.jpg

239225-10448.jpg

239225-10449.jpg

239225-10450.jpg

239225-10451.jpg

AR under artificial light

239225-10452.jpg

AR under natural light through a window

239225-10453.jpg

so now you see this pixs. give it to me straight, tell me of ALL the flaws.

*special thanks to coolfire for answering all my newb questions =)

i had him replace the mineal glass with sapphire.

I'm glad you changed it to that dude! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great pics, great 'Legend'... Wear it well... :victory: And please don't mention it, the essence of forums is the sharing of each other's knowledge... Especially so over here at RWG!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2::band1:

so now you see this pixs. give it to me straight, tell me of ALL the flaws.

*special thanks to coolfire for answering all my newb questions =)

The movement has no swan neck and the Officine Panerai seems to be painted instead of engraved. Perhaps it's just the way it came out on the photo. Short cannon pin and white dial fonts - fixable. Luminor Marinas are beautiful, legendary watches. Sadly, they all require a few mods.

i could live with these flaws. im sure 99% of the general population would not even notice. I just had some guy at the gym ask me about the watch. i told him its a Panarai and he just gave me back a blank look. hahahahah then he told me , "nice watch"

So can anyone comment on the weight of the 111h. again, it seems really light to me but i have a UPO and breitling bentley. maybe thats throwing it off. but the 111h doesnt feel solid on my wrist.

are other pams pretty light as well?

The movement has no swan neck and the Officine Panerai seems to be painted instead of engraved. Perhaps it's just the way it came out on the photo. Short cannon pin and white dial fonts - fixable. Luminor Marinas are beautiful, legendary watches. Sadly, they all require a few mods.

But for 100 bucks you cant go wrong, great watch wear it well.

i could live with these flaws. im sure 99% of the general population would not even notice. I just had some guy at the gym ask me about the watch. i told him its a Panarai and he just gave me back a blank look. hahahahah then he told me , "nice watch"

So can anyone comment on the weight of the 111h. again, it seems really light to me but i have a UPO and breitling bentley. maybe thats throwing it off. but the 111h doesnt feel solid on my wrist.

are other pams pretty light as well?

You are comparing a 7750 (LARGE) watch and a watch with a steel bracelet to a PAM with leather. the weight should be just right, but I can attest that my 111 feels lighter than my PO or TAG Chronos. Great job on the strap. Did you soak it in straight bleach? How long?