When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navtimer World GMT Review

Jawo

Well this is my first attempt at a review. I don't have the photo savvy or technical knowledge of you veterans. I am still a noob when it comes to reps, and movements for that matter. I purchased this Navtimer World from Joshua (Perfect-Clones) a couple of months ago.

It features a huge 47mm case diameter and is a whopping 17mm thick. The bezel is a sliding guide ruler for speed calculations. The movement of the bezel is smooth and feels great. It is not to loose and not too tight. It doesn't have that clicking or ratcheting feel like some of the other chronos.

Let's compare the rep to the gen:

240011-10100.jpg240011-10101.jpg

Picture courtesy of Perfect Clones

The color is very accurate as depicted by the above Perfect-Clones picture. The GMT is fully functional and is probably driven by an extra gear in the movement. So far after 2 months, the watch runs like a dream. It seems to run fast about +15 secs a day which is really no biggie. There are only 2 noticible differences by looking directly at the watch. The date font of course is much larger on the gen pictured to the right, where as the rep uses the typical Asia 7750 font. The font wheel is also recessed in the rep. The Breitling logo and GMT 24hr markers are also a much brighter and more true gold color vs the rep which has a slightly darker color. The lume on the rep is a white color simular to that of the gen.

The rep came with a SS polished bracelet which feels really nice with a good weight. Many reps feature a flimsy clasp, but this one feels really well made and substantial.

240011-10102.jpg240011-10103.jpg

The markings on the back of the clasp are identical, as well as the shape of the clasp itself. The bracelet has incredible engraved markings simular to those found on the Chronomat Evolution.

240011-10104.jpg240011-10105.jpg

The most impressive thing about the rep are the markings on the back. The engraving is absolutely excellent quality and stunning to look at. The markings feature all the timezones in the world to help set your GMT marker which is adjustable at the pull of the first notch of the crown.

240011-10106.jpg240011-10107.jpg

I am very happy with the Navtimer World GMT, and the only real complaint I have about it is the lack of AR. As indicated by some of you, it is easy to spot a rep when there is no AR on it. Which makes sense since Breitling's are used by professionals who rely on readibility and legibility like pilots and pro drivers.

Since I bought this rep, I went on Ebay and purchased a gen blue leather strap. The strap cost me a $150 but really adds to the look of the watch. I alternate between the ss bracelet and leather strap depending on how I feel.

240011-10108.jpg240011-10109.jpg

240011-10110.jpg240011-10111.jpg

Well there you have it, my noob attempt at a quick review. Sorry It wasn't very detailed, but my wife gave me only half an hour to do it. It was 1AM when it put it together. I look forward to doing more reviews and get better at it I hope with a little help and advice from you.

Thanks for viewing :victory:

Nice review, thank you!

I have not seen any pictures of this blue-dialed Navitimer World.. Stunning color!

Remember reading on Timezone about a respected watch entusiast who bought this rep thinking it was genuine. A lot pf people commented on his nice timepiece before it was discovered that it was a fake.. Luckily it ended well, here is the link There was also a later post, where he told that he got a refund.

Good review, but you don't mention if the slide rule lines up correctly. The earlier Navitimers did and the later ones didn't.

Sorry bout that. The slide ruler is quite accurate. Glad you mentioned that. From the top of the ruler to the bottom (6 o'clock), it seems to me out by 1/2 a marker. Very hard to notice, but it is there.

240110-10083.gif

For some reason, I have a feeling the link wasn't meant to direct us to a Norwegian real estate site :lol:

Great watch, def. gonna get one, looks very very accurate.

Whops! Sorry about that.... Damned "tabbed browsing" :blush: I have updated the link.

A nice house anyway, though, don't you think? A Captains village from 1880 in the Norwegian countryside.. 350000 USD.