When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobmariner Seems to be Broken - What to Do?

strat22

Well, after a great one-year relationship, my noobmariner (from Andrew) and I are having problems.

Today, while attempting to adjust the date from the 30th to the 1st, I noticed that the date would not change. Hmmm.

So, I decided to just adjust the time until the date switched over. I thought I had fixed the problem.

Then, a few moments ago, I attempted to adjust the time and the entire crown came off the watch. Great.

I was able to screw the crown back in, but now I can't adjust the time or the date.

So fellow RWG members, what should I do?

This was my first rep, so I'm not sure what to do from here. Do I junk the watch? Is is fixable? Should I get an ETA next time?

Any help is appreciated.

My advise would be to set it aside and buy an ETA Sub. I personally have had no luck with asian movement watches. Some quit in the first week.

If your not ready to sink over $350 into a MBW, Paul has a pretty good entry level ETA Sub.

Keep your dead watch for spare parts or to mod later on.

If the crown comes off, it's usually not a big deal, if you pull the stem and are able to screw it back into the crown. However, on one of my gen Rolexes, the threads on the inside of the crown stripped out and I had to replace the crown (and the tube to boot).

If you can't screw the stem back into the crown, you have to try to get replacement parts- new crown and/or new stem. Or you have to buy another watch. Like predfan says, Paul has a decent deal on the Noobmariner w/ the ETA movement.