When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eighteen months (roughly) worth of collecting.

kasigi

It all started around 18 months ago when I was pointed at the old RWG by a friend on another forum.

Oh my word. I was amazed at what was available and very quickly I bought a watch that I'd wanted for a long long time, but strangely enough it was the one I've worn the least. The Rolex day-date.

Not long after that I discovered the wonder that is Panerai. I spent a fair while looking and decided that the plain and simple look is what I like best so I bought the 005 Logo you see here bottom left. I had it superlumed and the canon pin sorted and it rapidly became a daily beater.

But I wanted more. As one does!

I picked up the Orange Monster from eBay for a good price, shortly followed by the vintage Seiko Diver that's on a bond Nato strap.

My next purchase was the LV Sub you see here. It's my favourite version of the Submariner range and I'm going to pick up the MBW version soon.

After that came the 127 and custom strap. It immediately became my favourite watch and it's the one that's had the most wrist time out of any of them (apart from the Orange Monster that my son wore daily for a good few months).

I'd seen the Planet Oceans around a bit but the orange one really caught my eye so that was a natural next purchase, and after that I decided that it was about time I had a chrono so the Tag Link was the obvious choice.

Finally, I recently picked up the Ferrari Panerai you see here bottom right. At last, a PAM with a datewheel has joined my collection :)

I've tried to buy 'swiss' movements wherever possible, the only asians are the LV and a pair of 7750s in the Link and the FER00002.

post-678-1178458689_thumb.jpg

What comes next?

Two of them, the 127 and the FER00002 are going to The Zigmeister for service and regulation. I'll be buying an MBW Sub LV to fill that gap, but that means I'll have eight automatics and two manual winds. Guess I'm going to need another winder soon.

Thanks for looking :D