When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Panerai price in Canada

paulm

Hi all,

Just got off the phone from an Auth. Panerai dealer (PalladioCanada) in Vancouver, Canada. They quoted me $5250 CAD (plus taxes) for a Pam111. This equates to approx. $4700 (USD), as our dollar is quite high at the moment. Is this quoted price within an acceptable margin, as opposed to buying (or ordering from) in the US? I'v searched, but I can't find prices for new Pam's anywhere on the 'net. Thanks for any input.

paulm, Palladio is a great store. I just got my pam from them a couple of months. If you decide to buy from them, Natasha is a great person to deal with. Good luck with your pam purchase. Believe me, it's definitely worth the money!

paulm, Palladio is a great store. I just got my pam from them a couple of months. If you decide to buy from them, Natasha is a great person to deal with. Good luck with your pam purchase. Believe me, it's definitely worth the money!

Yes, they seem like great people there. I did find out a bit later that they don't have the 111 in stock and that it could take up to 2 months to get it. I'm not totally fixated on the 111 and could change my mind, as there are other models I like (most :). When you were at the store, did they have a stock of Pam's there, or was yours an order item? If they do have stock, I'll probably just go there and have a look.

Thanks

From what they told me, they are allocated only a certain amount of stock and can order specific ones from Toronto if they can get them. When I was there, they had about 6 or 7 ones in stock. I just bought one they had on display. I guess you can just call them and see which ones they have in stock. I was going to order a deployment from them but they said it will take up to 2 months too so I'm gonna wait and see if i can find one sooner first.

Ok, thanks again. Have to go to N. Van on Wednesday morning, so I'll probably just stop in to see what's there, time permitting. Never know what may come of that! :D If Natasha is there I'll speak with her.

hey paulm, here is one more thing to consider. panerai recently had a price increase that you can see from the 2006 price list and the 2007 price list. it doesn't matter if the watch is old or new stock ... all watches were effected. so, unless the watch in question is a "j" series, i personally would refuse to pay more than the 2006 price. they are certainly not ripping you off by selling you old stock for a new price as companies have every right to raise their prices ... but at the same time i wouldn't feel that i got the best deal. just my $0.02. good luck in the hunt and trust me when i say ... there is no better feeling than the genuine.

hey paulm, here is one more thing to consider. panerai recently had a price increase that you can see from the 2006 price list and the 2007 price list. it doesn't matter if the watch is old or new stock ... all watches were effected. so, unless the watch in question is a "j" series, i personally would refuse to pay more than the 2006 price. they are certainly not ripping you off by selling you old stock for a new price as companies have every right to raise their prices ... but at the same time i wouldn't feel that i got the best deal. just my $0.02. good luck in the hunt and trust me when i say ... there is no better feeling than the genuine.

Thank you for your input. Yes, I noticed the price increase. I would think that auth. dealers would sell old stock at the old prices, but I'm thinking that doesn't happen :angry: Will definitely haggle for the best price. Got a PM and a link to abouttime@.com (CA), so I will look more into that today. At a quick glance, they have a 048 that looks terrific.

Thanks again.

Not that I don't want to support shopping in Canada, but you will definately save some $$$ if you purchase in the US and in a state with low tax. After you pay PST and GST, you will looking at close to $6K for the watch. And don't forget, even if you are from out of country, Mr. Harper's lame government did away with the GST rebate for tourists. I looked at a 111 in Maui and it was listed at $4400 USD with only 4% sales tax. factor in tax and exchange and you will save $700+. You can use the $700 and buy the plane ticket and have a nice vacation!

Not that I don't want to support shopping in Canada, but you will definately save some $$$ if you purchase in the US and in a state with low tax. After you pay PST and GST, you will looking at close to $6K for the watch. And don't forget, even if you are from out of country, Mr. Harper's lame government did away with the GST rebate for tourists. I looked at a 111 in Maui and it was listed at $4400 USD with only 4% sales tax. factor in tax and exchange and you will save $700+. You can use the $700 and buy the plane ticket and have a nice vacation!

Yes, I know the gst/pst will be killer when added to the price and you're correct about Harper (some things just don't make sense). I called the customs office here in BC trying to get a simple response to what the duty on watches from the US would be and nobody could tell me. They gave me a couple 800 numbers to call, but no joy. One person tried to answer, but the English was so bad I just hung up in frustration, so I still don't know.

I've been waiting to hear back from abouttime since yesterday. Maybe I'll call today. Was in Lahaina last year, but later this year I would like to get to Guilin, China (advice from a member) and the surrounding area. As an afterthought, Oasis Hongkong are starting flights out of YVR to HK at $600CAD. Pretty hard to beat that. Wonder if they have Asian size seats????

The vacation to the US to grab the watch is certainly an option, although it would need to be a short one (he ponders on whether he can get way w/o the girfriend :)

I know the capture will be terrific, but the hunt that I'm on is great as well :)

Thanks stilty.

Also, if you are planning on ordering online, you can always have it sent to Blaine. I have 90% of my purchases sent to Blaine. The main reason is the substantial savings in shipping and the quick delivery. The other reason is... well.... up to you.

Wow, it looks like the next Vancouver GTG will have a few more attendees than last time. Nice to see so many of us.

Cool. The last time I met with members was about 3 years ago, maybe even longer. There were only four of us from TRC, including Eddie Lee! I missed the second meeting as I had a late work meeting. I remember talking to Eddie and he was bringing a then "all new" PAM with jedi lume. Too bad I missed it. I've since lost track of everyone. Until recently, I've been away from this hobby.

Wow, it looks like the next Vancouver GTG will have a few more attendees than last time. Nice to see so many of us.

I would be up for that, although my watch knowlege is somewhat limited and I'd be picking everone's brain.