When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct Navitimer caseback?

Rob1

I have a very lovely Navitimer Serie Speciale (Fighters Edition) which is probably my favourite watch. The very obvious flaw is the incorrect spelling of Messerschmitt on the caseback. Anyone know if it's possible to obtain a new caseback with the correct spelling?

I don't believe it has been corrected in the rep world, so I guess a genuine from eBay would be your best bet. I am guessing that would be extremely tough to find though. If someone notices the tiny word is spelled wrong on mine, they could have the watch as a prize! I understand though, even the smallest flaws can eat away at you... Good luck on your hunt.

no only is the spelling incorrect the gen seriespeciale is BRUSHED. alot of mods to make this one right... also the crystal is more of a bubble/domed unit than the standard navi's. be happy with the incorrect spelling and DONT take it off your wrist silly!!!

My Serie Speciale is already brushed (it was a special edition from Joshua), and is currently getting double AR coated, relumed and the subdial hands painted black.

My Serie Speciale is already brushed (it was a special edition from Joshua), and is currently getting double AR coated, relumed and the subdial hands painted black.

very nice indeed! but at this point you really should install a gen seriespeciale dial before the caseback is sourced... i used to have one.. long gone now.. but they do exist! happy hunting!

very nice indeed! but at this point you really should install a gen seriespeciale dial before the caseback is sourced... i used to have one.. long gone now.. but they do exist! happy hunting!

I'll keep looking, but no luck so far. I forgot to mention the movement is a gen eta 7750. Keeps excellent time (gains less than one second a day). It's probably my favourite watch, and I can't wait to get it back with its mods :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 1 month later...

Hi Rob:

Where are you getting all this work done? I am consdering the swiss special edition from Joshua as well. Also, how do you like the watch (if you've worn it much yet?)

Hi Rob:

Where are you getting all this work done? I am consdering the swiss special edition from Joshua as well. Also, how do you like the watch (if you've worn it much yet?)

The Zigmeister relumed it and painted the subdial hands black. He also removed the light AR coating that the crystal had, so that Chieftang could get it double AR coated. The watch is now back with me after this work and to my eyes looks stunning! The double AR makes a big difference. I wear on with the high quality croco-leather deployant strap that Joshua and others sell. It's my favourite watch, although I do tend to alternate it with my Chopard or my Ferrari 008 - but today is a Navitimer day :thumbsupsmileyanim: