When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts on Steinhausen watch winders?

cableguy

hxxp://www.amazon.com/Black-Automatic-Watch-Winder-Watches/dp/B000EGLX60/ref=pd_bbs_sr_11/102-2502815-2840145?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1178746835&sr=8-11

copy and paste link and change to HTTP....

(i wasnt sure if direct links are ok, so i did it this way.. if someone would chime in it would be great)

i was looking at for a watch winder, it needs to hold at least 8 watches. this one holds 4 in the winders and 7 more below it in the drawer......

I looked on ebay but most wont ship to Hawaii, so thats a problem for me.....

anyone have experiences with this particular brand of watch winders?

TIA

There are quite a few reviews on steinhausen winders, all in all you should be fine, just be prepared for it to stop winding in 2 years or so. Do a quick search and look around.

There is also one guy on Ebay that ships individual winders out of Hawaii. The winders are cheap, it's the shipping to the US that stopped me from buying them. Look for single watch winers on the bay.

Good luck.

I've had a Steinhausen Burlwood Quad Winder for over 2 years so according to some of the guys here, it should be dying about now. Its still going strong and quiet. But I did pay a pretty penny getting it shipped here from the West Coast, that's the paradise tax you pay for living Hawaii. As you see I'm on Maui.

Bought four Steinhausen quads two years ago.

Little more than $125 each if I recall correctly.

All slowly dying out now.

About 50% of the turntables are dead.

Took one completely apart trying to make repairs.

I thought it was just motors burning out.

I found some better grade motors at a scientific parts house.

Then I began to test the winders and discovered it was the circuit board that was fried.

No way to replace the circuit boards of course.

Makes nice display cases.

:animal_rooster:

I am currently investigating wether or not to offer cases and winders to the members, my range will run from this....

244914-8743.jpg

To this...

244914-8744.jpg

Of course it will all come down to wether I can offer them at a price that is attractive all of you members.

Ken