When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Well, I guess it was just a matter of time...I have my FIRST problem rep!

diver_dylan

Ok, now Im really confused. I got the crown seperated from the stem, and just for sh1ts and giggles...tried to screw the crown into the tube. And it screwed in like a CHAMP! A few nice turns and then nice and snug to the case! WTF is going on here? Is the stem a bit too long and not letting the crown get deep enough to bite the threads in the tube? How the heck much do I trim off to remedy that!? lol

This is good news though, Im quite excited!

Thanks and PLEASE keep the amazing advice coming!

Dylan

Hey DD, awesome news. I guess I should have mentioned that you check the threads once the crown was removed :huh: Unfortunately, mine was in fact stripped, bit glad to hear yours was repairable. Feels good to do stuff yourself, doesn't it!

Man does it! It wasnt so much that the threads were/werent stripped...a couple were/are. But the stem being slightly too long only allowed access to the first few of them...now that its trimmed, I can use them all.

Thanks again, really!

Dylan

Hey DD, awesome news. I guess I should have mentioned that you check the threads once the crown was removed :huh: Unfortunately, mine was in fact stripped, bit glad to hear yours was repairable. Feels good to do stuff yourself, doesn't it!

Ok, so Im bummed again. I woke up this amp, with it having been on my wrist all night, and it had stopped. A nice rap into my other hand brought it back to life though. :(

Any DIY ways to remedy this?

Thanks again!

Dylan

PS I looked and saw that the hands werent rubbing on each other or anything, so thats out.

Bummer DD. I'm personally very afraid of chrono. reps. I stick to the basics. I have still never had an ETA fail or be grossly inaccurate. I have had 2 asian movement reps bite the dust with in 2 weeks and I have only purchased 2--what does that tell you?? Sorry for your luck but that's this price we pay right? Gotta take chances. Better luck next time. :black_eye:

I feel fine...1 out of 6 aint bad!

D

Bummer DD. I'm personally very afraid of chrono. reps. I stick to the basics. I have still never had an ETA fail or be grossly inaccurate. I have had 2 asian movement reps bite the dust with in 2 weeks and I have only purchased 2--what does that tell you?? Sorry for your luck but that's this price we pay right? Gotta take chances. Better luck next time. :black_eye: