When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

40mm Panerai?

bbell6

I recently purchased my first Panerai (112h - 44mm sandwich dial with no second hand) from another member. I really like the look of the watch, but would really prefer a 40mm version. I've looked at a few of the collector's sites, but there doesn't seem to be 40mm version. Does a 40mm version of this watch exist? If not, what is the closest 40mm version (I really don't like the little second hand)?

Closest 40mm to the 112 would be the 050-051, although it is automatic and has a date. The 50 comes on bracelet and the 51 on strap, or vice versa :unsure:

I bought the 049 for my wife and she loves it... it has the white dial as opposed to the black.

I recently purchased my first Panerai (112h - 44mm sandwich dial with no second hand) from another member. I really like the look of the watch, but would really prefer a 40mm version. I've looked at a few of the collector's sites, but there doesn't seem to be 40mm version. Does a 40mm version of this watch exist? If not, what is the closest 40mm version (I really don't like the little second hand)?

there is no 40mm 'base' (no seconds hand) pam.

the 40m pam reps are all auto with a date window, or chronographs.

Silix is advertizing a 112H with 42mm. I just ordered one as I have the same problem you have (I wanted a smaller one)

I mailed him twice and he confirmed the size.

I'm not sure if this is reality or a mistake. I'll tell you upon receipt.

Silix is advertizing a 112H with 42mm. I just ordered one as I have the same problem you have (I wanted a smaller one)

I mailed him twice and he confirmed the size.

I'm not sure if this is reality or a mistake. I'll tell you upon receipt.

i would bet mistake.

afaik pamerai doed NOT make a 42mm luminor. 40mm and 44mm and then 47mm. if the rep factories were making a 42mm luminor case i'm sure we would have seen one? i would wonder if a 6497 mvmt would even fit in a 42mm case??

Based on what you are saying, and on my research, it looks like I need to pick out a 40mm chrono or gmt. Preliminarily, I'm interested in the PAM 29 (black dial gmt), PAM 72 (black dial chrono), and or the PAM 60 (white dial chrono). From what I've seen, it looks like you can get the 29 with a swiss movement, whereas the 72 and 60 appear to only come with the Asian movements. Does this mean that the 29 will last longer?

Based on what you are saying, and on my research, it looks like I need to pick out a 40mm chrono or gmt. Preliminarily, I'm interested in the PAM 29 (black dial gmt), PAM 72 (black dial chrono), and or the PAM 60 (white dial chrono). From what I've seen, it looks like you can get the 29 with a swiss movement, whereas the 72 and 60 appear to only come with the Asian movements. Does this mean that the 29 will last longer?

The PAM 029 is a 44mm GMT.

The PAM 60 Flyback is a 40mm chrono but I haven't seen the 72/74 for sale anywhere... The subdial spacing on the 72 would be a problem and it would not be very unaccurate (zenith el premiro mvmnt).

Like written above, there are no handwound base 40mm luminors availabler, at least that would be somewhat accurate.

Again, your best bet for accuracy in a 40mm luminor case would be PAM 48/49 (white) or PAM 50/51 (black)

The PAM 60 Flyback is a 40mm chrono but I haven't seen the 72/74 for sale anywhere... The subdial spacing on the 72 would be a problem and it would not be very unaccurate (zenith el premiro mvmnt).

Like written above, there are no handwound base 40mm luminors availabler, at least that would be somewhat accurate.

Again, your best bet for accuracy in a 40mm luminor case would be PAM 48/49 (white) or PAM 50/51 (black)

But doesn't the Pam 48, 49, 50, 51 all have the little second hand?

My statement about the PAM 29 was based on this web page http://www.essentialwatches.com/listing_mu...on_name2_browse. But I assume it is a misprint. I notice that Trustytime's PAM 29 is a 44mm watch.

i would bet mistake.

(...)if the rep factories were making a 42mm luminor case i'm sure we would have seen one? i would wonder if a 6497 mvmt would even fit in a 42mm case??

That makes sense. On the other hand, Silix has many watches you don't see elsewhere.

He confirmed the diameter twice, I trust he did a minimum of search before answering.

Anyway, that will be clarified soon.