When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glue for bezel insert

Anyone got the idea what is the best glue for attaching the bezel insert onto the bezel.

Superglue is a big no, I know. How about Epoxy? I have no experience on this stuff.

What comes to my mind is GS Hypo, but then will it be strong enough to hold metal parts as this cement is meant for crystal.

Please help to shed me some lights, thanks.

Despite all the banter, I use GS Glue with great success on OEM bezels and inserts.

I suspect that inserts that pop out while hammering are not shaped exactley like the bezel (been bent outta original shape). Personally, I would not hammer with any of my genuine vintage watches though.

If the insert is fitting and holding only because of tension due to having a significantly different shape than the bezel, then well, it's bound to pop out ain't it!

Well, these are my observations with OEM Roex belzels and inserts. I like GS Crystal glue since the hold is not too strong so as to be permanent.

If you use epoxy, well, that's going to last a long long time. I like to be able to change between Pespi and black inserts on my 1675 a couple of times a year - hence using GS Crystal glue is great for me.

***Mind you, my opinion(s) in this post are solely based upon my own experience(s) with genuine items. Your experiences could perhpas be qute different than mine.

Cheers :euro:

Guest avitt
GS Hypo isn't recommended.

Well, now GS Hypo IS recommended...And there you have it.

Everyone now has all of the information that they need to make their own decisions regarding glue...

Its funny Kenberg... I just reached for my tube of Crazy Glue (the new kind in the stand up bottle with the mini-applicator brush) and I found something to not be quite right.

I've only used this bottle a few times but today I noticed that, despite the top being nice and tight, the bottle has bloated and cracked significantly. So much so that the damn glue is not useable.

I know this is off-topic, but I thought it was kinda funny since we are all chiming in on glue in this thread.