When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building a Submariner 14060

predfan2001

I do know a few have built a 14060 using a gen. dial and an ETA "noobmariner". I'm having no luck finding a genuine 14060 dial so I was wondering, are there any reps. that have a "fairly" good dial that could be used to convert a Noob into a 14060 nodate?

(Please don't start on the MBW stuff. That is not an option)

My goal is just a "fair" quality rep. I love nodates and I know some have built them using Noobs and I'm hoping somebody has enough actual experience with this to actually make a recommendation on what nodate rep. dial is the best to use. I have heard that some of the pics on our dealers website do not exactly represent what they sell. Yes, I know that the nodates are not very good but just looking for the best of whats out there as far as a dial goes.

nice watch but the non lug holes is pretty much a deal breaker imo. 14060s have to be one of the hardest watches to rep considering the parts needed and the lack of variance in the model. You'd think it be easy but think again. A tw classic case is needed and a gen dial is next to impossible to come by. 99% of the rep dials are [censored]...Angus had one a while back that was decent. Not saying it can't be done but I lack the patience and willingness to put forth the funds considering the gen can be had for $2.5k. Also keep in mind the different case/dial size.

I think bklm's no-date is pretty damn good (save the bracelet and lugholes). Of course the dial isn't perfect, etc. but basically it's very good. The no-date has shallower rehaut and the TW case is too deep even for the date version. blkm's case looks almost spot on to me.

My old man owns a genuine no-date. Here's a reference pic:

246313-8477.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

The 14060 also has a totally different bezel from the 16610 which makes this watch even more difficult to accurately replicate from available parts. I've only seen a couple of gen dials offered and they tend to be expensive.

A used gen (around $2.7K will all original B&P) is probably the best deal out there in the modern rlx sports line as the MSRP was raised to $4,450 last October. My understanding is that a new model will be introduced with the chronometer designation which should escalate the price further. The 14060 with the T-dials are also starting to increase in value, no small thanks to the hideous asking prices of the 5513.

How about this one? Built from a VIPmariner (I paid $65), rep dial from Paul $8, an old ETA movement, watchmaterial insert pearl $32. No lug holes and has SELs though:

246500-8445.jpg

That is along the lines of what I am talking about. That is a nice looking nodate.

Edited by predfan2001