When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You can only have one rep chrono

jomama

I've got about 9 7750 reps in my collection currently :animal_rooster: Yeah I'm a sucker for the chronos. But if I had to choose one I'd probably say the BCE Ultimate since it seems to be the most accurate "out of box".

I just got the 3717 from EL though which is also amazing just lacks the double sided AR.

The SMP Chrono is also very nice out of box and no the pushers are not supposed to screw. They are notched like you could turn them because thats how they are installed into the case on the gen. I hear the reps are simply glued but nonetheless they are not supposed to move so not an obvious flaw. If you want an obvious flaw look at the screws in the bracelet and perhaps the He valve placement.

I also love the PO Chrono but the dial of course isn't laid out accurately due to the 7750 movement. So if you are a stickler for accuracy straight from the dealer go with the BCE and buy a gen strap! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If you want an obvious [in SMP Chrono] flaw look at the screws in the bracelet and perhaps the He valve placement.

Actually, as I pointed out even before this watch was released, the annoying '10'oclock' He valve postitioning flaw in the standard SMP wouldn't be, and isn't, a flaw on the Chrono version!!

Actually, as I pointed out even before this watch was released, the annoying '10'oclock' He valve postitioning flaw in the standard SMP wouldn't be, and isn't, a flaw on the Chrono version!!

another way to say it is: Unlike regular SMP....on SMP Chrono the "HE" valve is suppose to be right at the 10'o clock position...our rep is 100% correct about this.

As which chrono to own? I only have 2 (ferrari & Smp). I will vote for the Smp Chrono, nice detail wave pattern dial + 4 crowns, this watch is just beautiful :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Lots of good choices out there. The Tag Link or Carrera Chrono is accurate, sporty and belivable even for normal people.

I had the SMP Chrono, but sold it, as it sadly never grew on me (too thick compared with the regular SMP) As already stated by Deltatahoe, the white dial BCE looks gorgeous on the brown croco strap.. It is my favorite chrono at the moment!

The regular Navitimer or the previous good version of the Moonwatch are also very nice...

247088-8358.jpg