When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What comes after the IWC Cousteau Diver?

dvn

They made a running seconds at six daytona. Why can't they flip around the transfer gears and make the seconds at 12?

Because it's hard.

Actually, it's probably because with seconds-at-six, you get one of the most popular, well-known watches out there, available in a kazillion flavours. With seconds-at-twelve, you get a costly niche rep.

^^^ True. Also, the seconds at six (from what I've read, not from personal experience) is far from perfected in the rep world. They should probably get the reliability of the six straightened out before they move on to the twelve.

On another note, I know there's one dealer who's currently working on a Bell and Ross BR03-92. He has the 42mm case complete and is now trying to perfect the dial. I've been waiting for this one for a while, so hopefully he'll get it cleaned up and ready for sale by the fourth quarter of this year. He also says that once the 92 is done, he'll be working on a quartz version of the 94, which I'd also be very interested in.

I'd like to see a 1:1 Seadweller 16600..... With the correct HE valve. Nice watch, non-chrono, non-complicated. But I have been waiting for one for a couple of years now......

Moose

I could not agree more. It would be nice if the dealers can make 1:1 super rep for one of the rolexes. I don't like buying a

MBW rolex and spend lots of money and time to mod it.

I'd like to see a 1:1 Seadweller 16600..... With the correct HE valve. Nice watch, non-chrono, non-complicated. But I have been waiting for one for a couple of years now......

Moose

But as long as we keep buying the not so perfect ones they wont make it, i would love one too, lets live in hope eh.

I could not agree more. It would be nice if the dealers can make 1:1 super rep for one of the rolexes. I don't like buying a

MBW rolex and spend lots of money and wait time to mod it.

You must have missed the organised crime implications of making perfect Rolex replicas. One dealer was looking into getting it done and it was alluded to that someone informed him that it may be a bad idea, if you see what I mean. :black_eye:

Whilst I don't doubt there is something of a "cartel" operating within the boards here I feel the real reason we havn't seen a decent Sea Dweller has more to do with economics and "getting around to it" than any conspiracy to keep us from owning a decent rep of this model.

The rep makers use a modified Submariner case because it is easier

There are more than enough damm near perfect reps of other Rolex models, especially the Day Date and Datejust, I can't see why a "cartel" would want to keep a decent Sea Dweller off the market

Keep in mind also that the Submariner, Seadweller and GMT master are not big sellers in Asia compared to the Day Date and Datejust. In fact I was told by several Singapore (genuine) dealers that those models were teenagers watches!!

Personally I'd love to see a Richard Mille RM11. I realise the movement would be tough to get right but I think that by black coating the plates on a 7750 or similar they could do a fairly reasonable job. It would open up a whole new world of movement modding for us too, skeletonising plates, pvd coating etc. The RM5 or RM10 could be done fairly well with a 2824 with PVD coated plates and the re-designed winding weight.

Second to that would be a decent AP Montoya or Barrichello II. The Barrichello especially should be fairly simple with the closed back. The only tough part os the ceramic parts and the Big Bang show those are possible. The sub dial positions would be wrong of course anyone who would notice that will pick a rep in 5 second anyway so its no issue for me.

Third would be a JLC extreme world chronograph although this would be a little tough due to the complicated sub dials.

Forth would be an Omega De Ville rattrapante or chronoscope which should both be pretty easy to rep using a 7750

To honor the original post title here is what I know to come out within the next couple of months:

Panerai Northpole GMT PAM252 and Big Bang Black Magic

if the post would read: "what do you want to come out as the next super rep" ;) my response would be:

IWC Aquatimer Chrono SS and TI with both rubber and bracelet

IWC Spitfire Chrono (42mm silver dial)