When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750...Not keeping accurate time

Owens

Hi everyone,

I have a 7750 movement that is not working very well. Actually, it hasn't worked very well since day one.

The watch gains about 1 hour per day. I was told to stop the movement for 2 days, turn the hour hand 30 times in a complete revolution, then wind it 50 times, and this doesn't correct anything. At one point, it was keeping great time, for about two days it was reliable. But now, it's useless. Any ideas or quick fixes?

Thanks,

Dustin

I was told to stop the movement for 2 days, turn the hour hand 30 times in a complete revolution, then wind it 50 times, and this doesn't correct anything.

Of course it doesn't correct anything, that is complete crap. Whoever told you that, was blowing smoke up your butt...what a crock of BS...where does this stuff come from, I'll never know... It's no different than your car engine, replacing the winter air in your tires with summer air, won't correct the valve adjustments on your engine (you DID replace the winter air in your tires didn't you?).

If it's gaining 1 hour a day, most likely the beat is out, and/or it's so dry that the friction in the pivots is not allowing the power from the mainspring to swing the balance out fully, small swings = fast swings...

It should be looked at and possibly serviced. Anything else is a waste of your time.

RG

. I was told to stop the movement for 2 days, turn the hour hand 30 times in a complete revolution, then wind it 50 times, and this doesn't correct anything. At one point, it was keeping great time, for about two days it was reliable. B

Hi,

the dealer? who told you that forgot to mention that you have to jump on your left leg at the same time. Works better when it's full moon. ^_^

its a Tag Link rep, about 2 months old.

2 months , give it a good 6 months to break in , they act quite erratic at first and then settle down after 6 months , at least all mine acted that way ..

Zed